Perks Of Being A Model

The Raiders.

An elite group of the absolute strongest Heroes known the world over. Famed for their exploits in hostage rescue and Villain hideout raiding, the Raiders were a symbol of what a Hero was meant to be. Just. Fair, and dedicated to the betterment of society and those around them, and ruthless to the Villains and their enemies, those who dare to threaten the peace that Humanity had striven for so long at the end of the Primal War, and the Great Trait War.

A constant request for people who were willing to get their hands dirty to keep society running went up by the end of the war. People who had the best training, the toughest wills, and the strongest powers. At that point, people didn't care where those fighters came from, if they were Human, Primal, or more recently, Abnormal.

Thus, the Raiders, who started as a group of volunteers, became of the most famous Hero Groups on the planet. With a near perfect mission success rate, and assignments to some of the most dangerous missions and combat zones known on the planet, they had become legends in the Hero business. Even the Abnormals, who had little time to learn of their exploits, couldn't help but be impressed by the track record of such legends.

The names of those who were members of this group of legendary Heroes became just that - Legends. Haritot Isin, the Hero known as Metal-Head, renowned for his courageous exploits throughout the conflict with Villains in Nairobi. Percival Heshona, more commonly known as Priest, the master of Exorcism to banish his opponents away. And Osteo Shinuya, the Founder and Leader of the Raiders, who still draws breath to this day, honoured during the Great Trait War, and known for his amazing Dual Trait, Endoskeleton and Exoskeleton, and how he would always charge head first into battle to save the innocent who needed it.

They were the Heroes the world needed during their darkest times.

But with this, came a very, very, very steep entry criteria.

Applying for such a group was out of the question, as applicants would flock from all over the world for day on end, only to be denied for a multitude of reasons. Too weak a Trait, not Heroic a reason, or the most common culprit, the pursuit of honour and glory. Instead, the Raiders sent requests and offers to join to those they believed to be the embodiment of Heroism. The people they wanted to be serving alongside them in battle. The people who put the lives of others above their own, and walked the bloody road of a Hero with a smile.

Not at all like what Kuragari had done.

"Is he okay to see visitors?"

The nurse looked at Kuragari with a quizzical look, wondering if it was a good idea to allow her patient to see this student. After the violent display he had given in front of his classmates, all of which had been broadcast to the teachers throughout the day, so they could compare assessment notes, Kuragari had shown a true dark side to his personality. Inherently, his Trait was one of explicit, incredible power, one that if nurtured right, and in the hands of the right student, could create one of the strongest Heroes the world has seen so far.

On the flip side, it could create a monster. One Kuragari showed he shared traits with. A road of darkness was open to Kuragari at all times, one he would have to steer away from for the rest of his life if he desired to truly be a Hero. Today, he had taken a step down that path, and it showed with Nino Lahiffe.

For the moment though, Kuragari showed no signs of hostility. Rather, he showed the exact opposite of such an intention. It was rare to see him with any discernible expression, since his body language and face couldn't be read like anyone else's, due to his skin being the darkest shade of black possible, but what could be seen from his red eyes looked to be regret, remorse, and behind them, a boy who wanted to apologize for what he had done.