×Forty-Five×

Song: Over and Out- 5 Seconds of Summer

The night before had been the absolute worst night of my life. Those three words kept ringing in my head like a broken record, and no matter what I did, I couldn't tune them out.

"We are done."

I don't think I could ever stop crying either. Even after I flashed into my room, all I could do was fall to my knees and sob my heart out. I knew he could hear me, but I also knew he could care less now.

"I could never love a murderer like you."

Those were the other words that would fill my head, and the more they replayed in my mind, the more I cried. I can guarantee I cried the whole entire night, because when the sun began to rise, I was still sniffling from all of the tears. I stood up and walked into my bathroom, and when I looked in the mirror, my heart broke even more– if that was even possible.

My eyes were puffy from crying all night, and my cheeks were covered in black thanks to my mascara and eyeliner. My lips were chapped from biting them so much, but the thing that bothered me the most was my eyes. They held a deep sadness in them, and if I looked a little closer, I could see all the depression in the world in them.

I let out a sigh as I hopped in the shower and tried to relax, but with the pain I felt, nothing could make me feel better. I was exhausted, empty, numb, and broken. It was the worst combination you could ever be.

After I dried off and changed into some new clothes, I braided my hair, applied some make up so I didn't look dead (more than I already was), and started to walk out of my room.

Well, until I heard Hazel yelling in Theo's room through the wall.

I tiptoed towards the wall and leaned against it. I concentrated, and soon enough, I could hear every little thing being said.

"She is hysterical, Theo! Can't you just forgive her!?" Hazel yelled, and I heard Theo let out a bitter laugh.

"Will forgiving her bring mom and dad back!? No, it won't!" He screamed back, and even though he was angry, I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I knew deep down, this killed Theo as much as it killed me. I mean, I was in love with him. I knew how he felt, his facial expressions, and all of his emotions. I knew his opinions and his likes and dislikes. It was kind of hard to forget those things when a person is your everything.

The bad part about Theo was he could hide his feelings as well as a killer could hide a body. If he was really mad at you, he would completely shut down and turned cold as Alaska. I knew that's what he was doing now. He felt so much anger at me, but more betrayal then ever, so he shut down. More than anything, I wish I could bring his parents back. I wish I could take away his pain, but Blake had to ruin everything.

Hazel let out an irritated sigh, "She was under compulsion! Plus, she was only thirteen, Theo! She had no idea what she was doing!"

"I don't care how old she was. She killed our parents!" He screamed, and then I heard him take a couple deep breaths, as if to keep him from doing something he would regret." How can you forgive her!?"

For a couple of seconds, everything was silent. All I could hear was Theo's heavy breathing, and my heart breaking even more. Hazel took a deep breath, and then I heard her footsteps before she stopped walking.

"Because I know Melody. She cares too much about all of us to ever hurt us on purpose." She paused for a second, and then she continued. "Out of everyone in this house, you should know that the most. You are the one she's in love with. No one else."