×Thirty-Two×

Song: All I Want- Kodaline

"Come on, princess, we are going to miss the sunset!" I heard him shout, and I zipped towards the sound of his soothing voice.

The sky above me was changing from a light blue to a beautiful light purple, and the sun was slowly disappearing, taking its rays on the trees away with it. I ran through the meadow of flowers, my legs pumping with all my vampire might, until I finally reached the open field where he stood, his back to me.

A small smile grew on my lips as I walked up beside him and intertwined our hands. He looked down at me and smiled before planting a slow, gentle kiss on my lips. When we pulled away, I laid my head on his shoulder and watched the sunset with him, enjoying the serenity of the moment.

"I love you, Melody."

"I love you too, but why did you do that to me?" I turned to look at him, "Why did you pick her over me?"

He sighed, "I had too, princess. You wouldn't understand."

We stand in silence as the sun disappeared behind the pine trees. The sky slowly faded into a deep pink as the sound of crickets filled the silence between us.

"I just want to come home, Theo. I want to be home with you." He wrapped his long, warm arms around me and pulled me close. I laid my head on his chest as tears filled my eyes.