×Twenty One×

Song: Demons- Imagine Dragons

After we fixed his car, and I begrudgingly helped, we started to drive to another place. The whole ride was awkwardly silent. I still refused to talk to him, even though I knew I forgave him– It still hurt. I still couldn't bring myself to trust him.

It took about two hours to reach the next hotel. This one was one story, and it wrapped around a road. Theo parked behind the room on the very end, and threw the invisibility cloak over the car. I tried to get out, but my chest ached with pain. I struggled, but Theo decided he was going to pick me up bridal style and carry me in. He laid me on the bed before walking back towards the door. When he came back in, he sat our bags on the couch and looked at me.

"I have to call Tobias, so I will be right outside the door. Are you okay?" He asks, his voice laced with worry, and I nod before lying down and rolling away from him. I hear him sigh before the door closes.

When he comes back in, he locks the door and walks over to his bag. He grabs some new clothes and walks into the bathroom, never sparing me a glance. I hear the water run for about ten minutes (yes, I counted. That's how bored I was.), and then it shuts off. The door opens, and he walks out in a pair of black sweatpants.

He places his old clothes in his bag and lies on the bed beside me, but I never roll his way. I knew if I looked at him, all I would be able to remember was how he would hurt me if he meant he got Willow back, and that killed me.

"Princess." He whispers, wrapping his arm around my waist. I ignore him as my eyes fill with tears.

Damn you, emotions.

"Princess, please talk to me." I finally muster up the courage to roll his way, but he is blurry from the tears in my eyes.

"You betrayed me, Theo. You was willing to hurt me if it meant... If it meant you got Willow back. That hurt me." A single tears escapes my eye, and his uses his thumb to wipe it away. His eyes are filled with regret, and it breaks my heart.

"I know, princess. I'm so sorry." He pulls me closer as gently as possible, since my chest is still aching, and buries his head in my shoulder. I hesitate to move at first, but then I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, running my fingers through his damp, brown hair. We stay like this for a couple minutes until he pulls away and looks at me, caressing my cheek.

"I want you to be able to trust me again." He whispers, and my eyebrows crinkle in confusion.

"How?"

"We are going to talk, this whole night about anything and everything. I will tell you anything you want to know. I want to know you. The real you behind that sassy, attitude filled, beautiful girl." He smiles at me, and I smile back. I push him back so he is lying on his back, and then I wrap my arm around his stomach and rest my head on his chest, listening to his frantic heartbeat. He wraps his arm around my waist and rubs my back.

"What's your favorite color?" He questions, and I giggle.

"That's seriously what you want to know?" He looks down at me and smiles.

"I told you. I want to know everything about you." I shake my head and smile.

"It's baby blue." His smile grows wider, and I smile into his chest.

"I knew it was a good idea to paint your room that color." I look up at him.

"What's yours?"

"Red." He smirks at me, and I roll my eyes, playfully punching my stomach.