×Forty-Four×

Song: Different For Girls- Dierks Bentley ft. Elle King

One long, grueling day was all I needed to know that Theo was furious with me.

And confused,

And devastated,

And resentful.

I tried to talk to him all last night, and that only resulted in me getting the door slammed in my face, and once, my pinky got shut in the door.

You would think now that I am a vampire, that wouldn't hurt as much since I had daggers literally stabbed through my chest, but truth be told, getting your pinky slammed in a door still hurt like a bitch.

It was around three in the morning when I started to give up. I didn't go to my room; I sat outside of his door. I felt so many things, but most of all, I felt this weight in my stomach, as if something bad was coming.

"Mel, just let him blow off his steam for the night. I'm sure he will be better tomorrow, okay?" Hazel whispered from behind me, making sure that Theo couldn't hear, and I slowly nodded before walking back to my room.

The rest of the night was aggravating. Sleep never came; all I could do was toss and turn. I was so restless, and every time I turned to the left, I saw the picture of Theo, and my heart broke a little bit more. It killed me that he wouldn't talk to me. It killed me that he was so silent.

That was how I knew it was bad. When Theo was silent, he was deathly mad, and he was trying his best not to kill someone. Usually, he would yell at me and we would fight, but the anger Theo had right now was the worst of all.

I was still wide awake when the sunlight slowly crept through my bedroom window, signalling that a new day had started, and a new day for me to talk to Theo. I stifled a yawn as I slowly crawled out of bed and changed into new clothes.

For a couple of minutes, I just stood on my balcony and watched the sun slowly rise to its peak. The birds started to sing, and a gentle breeze blew through my light blonde hair, highlighted by the sun. I let out a sigh as I glanced over at Theo's balcony. He wasn't there, but it killed me to know we were so close but so far away at the same time.

The next couple of minutes passed, and with my eyes closed, I imagined how talking to Theo could turn out. There was two sides– good or bad. We could talk it out, solve the problem, and he would forgive me, or he would continue to ignore me– even worse, things could end for us.

And I know for sure I wouldn't be able to live in a world where we aren't together.

When I open my eyes, I notice how the sun is beating down on me, as if saying, "get in there and woman up! He is still yours!". So, with one last deep breath, I walked back into my room, and down to his bedroom. I knocked thrice, and when I decided to just open the door, I noticed that he wasn't in there.

With a sigh, I closed his door and walked downstairs. That was when I heard All Time Low blaring in the gym, and I finally figured out where he was.

I slowly opened the gym door in order to keep quiet, and when I finally walked in, I saw him standing at the punching bag, throwing punches left and right. I had seen him punch that bag many times before, and each time he did, he only became more sexier, but today, he actually scared me.

His speed was heightened, as well as the pack of his punch, which caused the bag to swing around violently. Sweat dripped profusely down his face, all the way to his tempting v-line. His shorts hung dangerously low on his hips, and normally, I would love the sight, but today, I couldn't help but feel as if he thought of me when he swung at that punching bag.