" Your highness you know what ? I don't care ! Because all you care about is your family name."

He looked like a lost man. I want to use my training and punch him now
I sighed and punched a glass vase on the table, I just hope its not very expensive, because the impact of my jab had already cracked the table top of a very expensive table top.

His arrogance diminished for one second and I saw the vulnerability and helplessness behind his wrinkles from joy and pain.

I feel like crying, then I look Ian his ears were red veins popped out of his neck. I think I went too far. It scared me .

"Would you mind if I come in Ferdinand ?" Said a soft voice belonging to another very old man dressed in an expensive suit , he looked like he was in his 80s.
So my grandfather was called Ferdinand.

"You don't need to ask Frederich. Please come" they shook hands and hugged formally.

"Hello dad. Uncle Jam said and hugged his father." Wow.
"Greetings Grandfather." Ian said and hugged his grandfather as well.
"Hello princess" he said politely, and I curtseyed like I was taught in my etiquette class.
My own grandfather annoyingly raise an eyebrow at me and mumble something in Spanish .

"Princess your grandfather is a very jealous man, don't mind him." Friedrich the monarch of Denmark said.
"I am no princess Sir." I said politely.

"Young lady you will always be a princess at Denmark - officially as well, very soon." He said winking at Ian "

"Happy Birthday Emma. You look prettier than they told me, I don't blame them though words can't describe your beauty."

"Oh heavens ! I forgot the birthday gift I brought you all the way from Denmark. It is our heirloom, I wish Ian's grandmother was with me to hand it it over to you. She received it when she first met mother and then we gave to Ian's mom. Now it's all your love." He said handing me a box stuffed with muslin and a necklace

" He said handing me a box stuffed with muslin and a necklace

That beautiful thing took my breath away.
"Oh my, I can't it is too precious ! Where will I wear that sir ? I don't even wear jewellery."

I was overwhelmed and honestly scared to touch something so beautiful, intricate and above all expensive !

Men around me laughed.
I did it again !
My habit of thinking out loud will kill me of embarrassment some day.

"Take it baby, My old man is not always that generous and he must really love you."

I looked at Ian before accepting it.
Would he approve ?

He nodded smiling.

"You don't need his approval love. You are an important future ruler, you don't need anyone's approval
Wear it tonight please. "

"I will thanks."

"Stop monopolizing my granddaughter's attention, You won't be the best grandfather of the century anytime soon Frederick of Denmark" commented my grandfather bringing his own gift box.
"Open it." He ordered me.