I like her (Edited)

Abby's P.O.V

I smile and say I'm okay. Which, I am, but just a little scared too. Yeah, I know, that's silly, but I was taken… and stabbed. I could have been killed. I'm sure anyone would be scared in my position.

Today is the day I train again. I need to show Rikki I try. I don't want her thinking any different—I mean, I won’t have anyone thinking I’m weak.

I got up off my bed and forced my leg down. I took my daily pill to help with the pain. Stopping at the frame of the room where we train, I notice everyone is already training, up and ready to go. I guess I am a little late.

Today, we learn to throw knives, which, we have done this before two times, but I love it so much I would want to do it every day. I am really happy I didn't have to miss today too, especially now.

"Abby!" Kevin called. He threw the knife in his hand and made it into the center of the target board.

“You've improved." I told him, trying not to sound jealous.

"Thanks." He said while walking over to me. I smiled. I don't have too much experience with this exercise today. "You’re better at this than I am." I looked at him like he was stupid.

"So not true! You’re like ten times better than I am."

"Abby! Kevin! Get to training!" Rikki yelled. Kevin and I both laughed, and made faces at her back.

"Rikki! Don't yell at them like that! Unlike you they can have a friendly conversation." Alec said making a real strong point. I smiled at him.

Kevin stared at me, I don't know why, it got creepy. But then, he smiled, and the creepiness went away. I grabbed a couple knives in my hand and started throwing them. I made 2 in the center which is 100, and 3 in the 50 spot. Kaely came up to my ear and whispered, "Just ignore her."

"Trust me, I am." I whispered back, not taking my eyes off my target.

 I am happy I have a friend like Kaely to help me through times that get bad and to help me with people like Rikki. I wish I could kick Rikki out of our group— everyone does. But thing is, we can't. If we kick out Rikki, then we have no chance to win, so we need to suck it up and let her stay. Rikki, right now, is making my head spin. I am going nuts, I swear.

I threw the next knife I picked up. I threw it hard and made the hundred. I smiled. I tried really hard because Rikki is watching me, and I need to prove myself. I wanted to show her up, because this exercise isn't her best. I smiled and walked past her. I even bumped shoulders with her.

I caught Kevin smiling at me, again, so of course, I smiled back.

Kevin's P.O.V

I like Abby. I know I do. Really, what is there not to like? She’s… Gorgeous. Funny, nice, strong—I just don't know how to tell her that I like her more than just a friend.

Her smile is crazy beautiful. Her eyes shine brighter than any I’ve seen. I know people say no one is perfect, but I think Abby is. Or, really close to it. When she smiles I can't help but keep that image in my head all day. I feel like I’ve known her forever, and I’m okay with knowing her for the rest of forever as well.

Authors Note: Like the NEW chapter? I know, it's short. But I want to see comments to see if I should end up putting Abby and Kevin together, and if you disagree tell me who to put who with. I'll try to do my best to make out of it.