Chapter One

Chapter One 

LUNA ALEX

"Dad hurry I was supposed to be there 30 minutes ago to help set up," I yelled as I rushed to put on my gold strappy sandals

Today was my graduation day and I was once again gonna be late. I hated being late but when I woke up 20 minutes late I knew I would be. I tried rushing but I still wanted to look decent enough, after all, I was valedictorian and had to give a big speech.

"Relax we'll be there in 5 minutes." My father Mel said as he hopped in the car and pulled off. Without putting on his seat beat he started the car. I quickly put on my seat belt before pulling down the mirror to see if my makeup was up to par.

Once that I saw that everything was in place I checked my phone to see multiple texts from my friends asking me where I was. I quickly responded to them that I would be there soon.

"Dad, I can't believe I'm late for my own graduation," I whined. Today was the most important day of my life and I was gonna be late. If it wasn't for all my friends insisting on going out on the town one last time before high school was over I would have never woken up late.

"Honey relax." He sped down the street. We were 5 blocks from my school and if they hurried they would make it just in time for the graduate grand entrance. "Shit!" He cursed when the light turned yellow forcing him to slow down.

"Dad!" I huffed. He ignored me and continued focusing on the road.

He could have made it. I thought. Now I was going to be at least 5 minutes late, and probably end up interrupting the ceremony.

Soon as the light turned green he hit the gas making me jerk forward. I was about to yell for him to slow down for someone got hurt when I saw a truck headed towards us, seconds later we were hit from the driver's side. Glass shattering everywhere.

"Dad?" I called out just as the airbags burst. "Dad?" He still hadn't responded.

I looked over at him and I knew right then and there that he was gone. I let out a sob. I blamed myself if I wasn't rushing him none of this would have happened.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" I was too shocked to respond to the stranger. All I could do was cry, the only family I had was gone, and it was all my fault.

<><>

ALPHA RYAN