Chapter#8 It isn't easy to differentiate

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

Read, vote, comment and ENJOY!!

******************************

Chapter#8 It isn't easy to differentiate

-Haniya Saleem-

     After having the key from Rabia, I hurried and unlocked the room door. Entering it, I crouched down near the first bed to find the papers that I had slid beneath it during the struggle with Rabia. Good job Haniya! At least you saved some papers of the diary from Rabia.

     I quickly dumped it in my handbag and came outside. Rabia was standing there. She looked up from her phone and spoke, "Room number 10. First level Hani." 

     She had just called me by my nickname. Hani is mine and Rabi is hers. We used the stairs instead of the elevator. Sometimes simple things also count in your satisfaction and happiness, as with the stairs.

     Reaching the required room number, I defeated her by knocking at the door. Ha! I stuck my tongue out for her. We usually compete with each other in such things. The door opened and there was Maryam.

     "Assalam-o-Alaikum! Glad to see both of you finally." She hugged each of us and welcomed us in. 

     "Waalaikum us salaam Maryam! Finally, got to see your room huh." Seems like Rabia has got some complaints. 

     Maryam's room was similar to ours. The curtains were maroon though, ours were peach in colour and I love peach. It's just so super-decent. She also had two roommates, an American girl named Angela and a Spanish one named Alicia. Both were quite frank with us. After some time, they moved on for their own work what they had been doing before our arrival.

     "So Maryam, any news......any kind, chilly, thrilly, adventurous?" I spoke what I thought. Not a second thought to be allowed.

     "Um,nothing special. Just the burden of studies. Oh yes! How could I even forget it? Did you two hear about the university magazine?"

     I looked at Rabia astonished. "No." we replied.

   "This university has a magazine that comes out every month. The publishing staff includes students but some other people also supervise them. I have heard that it is amazing. Really amazing!"  I could feel a lighting sensation in me.

     "Really? That's cool. Now I have got some activity here as well." I spoke and saw Rabia from the corner of my eye, who was rolling her eyes. Yeah, I know, she is not fond of reading as I am. Just gets to it sometimes. I am going to read that magazine soon. 

     We talked about some random things and left her room. While walking in the corridor, I teased Rabia by saying out loud,

     "Oh look, how Rabia felt with the news of the marvellous existence of a university magazine!!! She can't wait for it. Excited more than me."

     "Haniya! You wait." Before her hand could touch me, I sped up. I ran down the stairs and reached the ground floor, rushing towards the main door. On my way, I remembered the notice board and slowed down. Rabia had got to me and hit me on the arm. Gosh! That was real hard this time. Maybe because of her speed.

     "Rabia. remember? We have to go and have a look at the notice board."

     "Oh yes." She replied and we approaced the very important notice board.

     Looking up for the rules sheet, we found it. Several rules were written. The most important ones were two. Firstly, students are allowed to leave the college hostel between 9:00 a.m and 10:00 p.m. Secondly, no boys allowed. It was the last rule.