Chapter#4 The untold pain

Chapter#4 

The untold pain

-Haniya Saleem-

Notes? What notes? Maybe Mustafa had to talk to someone about the notes. I gathered the courage to ask Amna just because of my curiosity, 

 "What notes? What is Mustafa talking about?"

"Oh yeah, notes," She paused for a moment and said, "The senior year has an English test tomorrow and Mustafa borrowed some notes from Ali so he has to return them tonight so that Ali can study too. As we had the plan to come here, so Mustafa couldn't return the notes. Thus, Ali is coming over here to get them. He has called Mustafa for the house address. Don't worry! Mustafa will inform your parents about it." 

 "It must be a long way though from his house to ours," Rabia said thoughtfully. 

"Yes. Probably because you people live in the outskirts of the city," Amna replied.

"Ali Murtaza?" I asked.

"Yes, the same Ali. He is a very good friend of Mustafa." Huh, friend! Why did that disliked person had to come over here? Anyway, let's see what happens next.

"Sorry guys. I am back." Mustafa returned saying that. 

 "How much time more?" Amna questioned. 

 Maybe an hour." 

 Thank God!! We continued playing until Mustafa got a call. Too quick??!!  

"I am here already." I could hear the voice on the other side of the phone. Gosh! Am I a good listener?

Just then the door swung open and mom stood there,

"Everyone! Come downstairs now. The dinner is ready."

"Hold a minute," Mustafa responded to Ali and then spoke, " Aunty, my friend has arrived. He has to travel a good distance from here. He is in a hurry so I am just going to hand these notes to them." He showed my mom the notes.

"Ok beta! But why? If he has to travel more then why not call him in for food now. The dinner is also ready. You will spend a good time with him and he will also be in a family. You tell him to come in."

There comes my mom's hospitality. But why for this person???

Mustafa was about to put the phone with his ear when Ali said,

"No, no, no Mustafa. I am in a hurry and I have to study as well. Maybe some other time."

I guess he had heard the conversation of my mom that's why he didn't need any explanation from Mustafa. And what's this "maybe some other time!!?", do you think I am going to open the doors for you? I will shut them on you!!

"But Aunty is saying------"

Mom took the mobile from Mustafa and spoke, 

"Beta! It doesn't matter. Just half an hour. Come and have your dinner here otherwise you will be hungry all the way. Come on! Be a good boy."

"Ok Aunty!" At last, he agreed.

********************

I washed my hands and reached at the dining table. There were ten people already: five from Amna's family, four from mine because I was missing and one new-comer, Ali Murtaza.

The table had eight chairs, so three persons had to sit on sofa. Mustafa agreed alongwith Ali, though Mom doesn't like guests to sit on sofa but then she agreed as they would accompany each other. As we were the hosts, so I was sent to entertain them as the third person. Gosh! What kind of entertainment can I give them?