Chapter#7 Hostel life

Assalam-o-Alaikum everyone!

EID MUBARAK TO ALL OF YOU! ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS WITH YOUR RELATIVES!

Read, vote, comment and ENJOY!! :))

********************

Chapter#7 Hostel life

-Rabia Saleem-

    Close it. Close it. Okay! One, two, three, grrrr..... huh! This zipper isn't just closing. Enjoys delaying me huh!

    "Haniya!!!!", I shouted with all my might, "Come here and help me."

    "What happened?" She appeared from the washroom, all her face wet with water which indicated that she had just washed her face without the care of wiping the water off her face with the towel. My sis!

    "I can't close this zipper. Please close it fast if you can."

    "Silly!" She commented and moved me aside. Her hands rested on the zipper and zzzzz, there goes the zipper, listening to her and closing the mouth of the bag.

    "Thank you dear sister." I pulled her cheeks which made her to give out an ouch dialogue.

    "Rabia! Haniya! Come downstairs fast. What is taking you so long? Your father is already in the car."

    "Yes Mama!". We replied, took our handbags and luggages, and headed downstairs.

    Everyone was present in the porch, Mom, Umar, Mom Afra, Taha and Dua. Dad was in the car. First I carried Umar and kissed him on his cheek.

    "Where are you both going Wabo?" He asked innocently.

    "We'll come back soon." I answered and moved towards Mom Afra, Taha and Dua.

    One by one, I hugged all of them except for Umar, just shaked hands with him and pulled his cheeks. Haniya followed me in the hugs.

    At last, it was mom left. The same mom with whom we had spent all our gone years. Today was the exception and it would last long,aslong as I feel.

    While moving towards her, a thought struck my mind. I don't know whether it happens with others too or it's just me. Whenever I bid farewell to someone, I meet the closest person to me at the last. In the present case, it was mom. Maybe because I want to spend all the remaining moments, before leaving ,with her.

    I hugged mom as I approached her. As I hugged, I could see the blurred vision of each and everything. It was probably the salty solution in my eyes that didn't allow me too see clearly.

    "Assalam-o-Alaikum mom." I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand as we separated. Mom replied back and told us to take care of ourselves.

    "Oh! Poor cry baby!" That was Haniya. "Assalam-o-Alaikum mom." She greeted mom while hugging her. She had a smile on her beautiful face. I don't understand how she remains so cheery.

    We dugged our luggage in the car and got ourselves seated; which means me and Haniya. Dad backed the car out of the garage. We saw six hands waving at us. Mom's, Mom Afra's, Umar's, Dua's and Taha's. The sixth hand also belonged to Taha. Waving with two hands! Naughty boy!

We waved back and the car sped up, leaving back our house and family.

********************

    The breeze was cool and refreshing when I got out of the car. My hair kept on playing hide and seek with the breeze, sometimes hiding on one side of my head and sometimes on the other. My dupatta had fallen off my head for sometime, that's why my hair had got the chance to play. I always wear scarf but today I had unusually worn the dupatta on my head. Haniya had worn the scarf though.