Chapter#12 It's detention time!

Assalam-o-Alaikum my lovely sisters!

First of all, Ramadan Mubarak to all of you. May we do more and more good deeds in this holy month. Ameen!

Read, vote, comment and Enjoy!

******************************

Chapter#12 It's detention time!

-Rabia Saleem-

      As the last bell of the day rang, I remembered about the detention. Well, it had not gone anywhere from my memory ever since its announcement. I am really going to miss Haniya.

      You have also spent time without her, then what's now? My brain chattered and I gave myself the courage and strength to go through this detention.

      Just two hours. Yeah, two hours, which means just 120 minutes. More broadly speaking, seven thousand and two hundred seconds. Great! Maybe I can count them during the detention. That's what I can do to kill time.

      I entered the room for my detention period and placed my bag on a chair, getting myself seated on the one beside it. Now I could just wait for sir.

      It was just me and the whole room, painted white. Not foretting to mention about the chairs and tables. Maybe there is no one else for detention, or if there is, then that person must be in the custody of some other teacher. But I had heard that here, the detention students share the same classroom. Well, let's see.

      I wouldn't have been thinking in the same way if I wouldn't have felt something weird. All of a sudden, I felt as if someone was looking at me. I looked at the door and then roamed around the Huge classroom. Behind the chairs? No. Table? No. Finally giving it up in the classroom, I marched towards the door. I wish that sir doesn't see me acting weird.

     "Boo!"

     "A-a-a-ahh! You." I was about to exit the room when she scared me. I bit her on her arm. Haniya.

     "Calm down sisso. Why so loud of a scream?" She was as cool as always.

     "Go to the hostel now Haniya. Don't wait for me. I have two hours still." I spoke in a hushed tone but she didn't budge. She looked at me for a while and then I saw a playful smile occupying her face.

      Now what is she planning to do?

     The next thing that she did was enter the classroom. What? She will be a dead meat if sir sees this.

     "Haniya. What are you doing? You are not on a detention and you are here right now. You are soon getting a scolding. Let me tell you this." I continued on but she remained unchanged. She just took another seat in the class.

      I was about to hold her by her arm when sir Robert walked in.

      I took my hand back which had moved forward in a process to yank her by her arm, otherwise it would have seemed to be a suspended thing in the air.

      I bit my lower lip nervously. Please Allah, either knock me out or do this to Haniya. I don't want to see this happening.

      I looked at Sir, who seemed to be as normal as a normal human being should be. He started placing his documents and suitcase on the table. What? Didn't he see Haniya? Wait, maybe I am dreaming, probably daydreaming. Maybe Haniya isn't here and I am already missing her after all. Maybe it is just my imagination. I glanced in Haniya's way and found her still present. A thought crossed my mind. I had got an idea to test whether this was my imagination or not.