Chapter Three-Part Three

Start from the beginning

   Min Ji, puzzled by Yoon Mi's sudden change in behaviour, replied, "He's downstairs. Wae-"

   "Oh, good! Kamsahamnida!" Yoon Mi interjected as she dashed out of the patient's room in a speed she never knew she had attained before, leaving Min Ji surprised beyond apprehension.

*****

   Yoon Mi rushed to the main atrium of the hospital, panting heavily from all of that running she had just made. The doctor with her coat over her blue scrubs searched everywhere for the soldier, but was later upset when she discovered that the soldier was not around.

   "Goodness! I'm only a few minutes late, and he's already gone? How impatient!" She fretted. "Now, I've wasted my energy for nothing."

   She exhaled, and then turned around, only to bump into the soldier without her realising it as she began to move. She let out a soft 'oop'. Irritated by the sudden blockage, she glared at the person in front of her and was about to yell, until she saw the familiar face and realised what he was wearing. Her eyes instantly went wide, her mouth gaping wide open.

   "Someone said I was impatient, I see." Yeung Joon spoke with a witty grin.

   Still surprised by the way he looked, she replied with a stutter. "Uh...uh...I....didn't actually mean that. You...are really Yeung Joon, right?"

   "Then what do you think I am-a fake?"

   "Uh..an...ani..aniyo..anigodeun! I didn't mean that either! I mean...you look different from what I saw." She explained, still in a state of surprise.

   "Ah, now I know why! Well, this is me-a soldier, and this is my dress uniform. I look handsome, right?" He twitched his eyebrows and smiled mischievously. "Anyway, here's your watch." He passed the plastic bag containing the box to Yoon Mi without waiting for her to reply.

   Upon seeing the box, her emotions switched from the sudden surprise moments ago to the one that was joyful and happy. She took the package, opened the box, and lo and behold-her birthday watch. She gasped, and then glanced at Yeung Joon. "It's really fixed? Jinjjayo?!" She stared at her functioning watch again in disbelief. "Omo, jinjja! My watch's working! I thought I'll never get it back again!" She removed the watch from the casing and wore it around her left wrist. She stared at it with a beautiful smile. "It's really working now. Kamsahamnida." She bowed her head in gratitude.

   "Eyh, don't thank me! I didn't do much, actually. Just remember to take care of it well. Don't let your precious thing fall off again, or else next time, I'll have to ask you to pay!" He poked playfully with a witty grin.

   Seeing the mischievous look on his face, she began to giggle. "Ne. Ahrasseo."

*****

707th Special Mission Battalion Garrison, Seongnam

Three days before strike