Book 7⌇3. Presumptuous

Começar do início

"Everything...how could vampires create a liquid wolfsbane poison...and I can't even replicate that let alone make it completely lethal," Whitney banged his fist down on the steel table, Ayanna's eyes flickered to Icarus.

When my varið shook his head, Ayanna cleared her throat and stated, "That's because you aren't a vampire and haven't been around as long as they have. You'll figure it out, you've actually got a lot of points down here," she points at the middle of the page, "I would reevaluate your numbers though here," she pointed to the very bottom of the page.

"I've just felt like I've run into a brick wall..." the sigh that escaped Whitney's lips made me sad. He was a brilliant man, just like Icarus, and I had slowly grown fond of each member of this research team. Each one of their minds contributing to ending the plague in this world and I was happy to witness their development.

Ayanna slowly took her steps down the stairs, coming to stand just on the other side of Whitney's desk and placed the paper on the table. His hazel eyes glanced up at her, her own emerald ones smiling at him. She parted her lips and asked, "Did you want to get a drink after work tonight?"

Oh?

I watched as my varið's eyebrows rose, watching Ayanna and Whitney. I could see the way he looked at her, his feelings were undeniable, and it made me happy inside, knowing they shared this affection for one another. The question was...when would it come to light?

How would his life proceed after his work is completed? Would he take the opportunity to pursue his affection for Ayanna?

"Whatever your plans are...we need to finish here first," Icarus' words were a little harsh, the way he returned to his work without casting them a second glance.

Whitney sighed and replied, "Yea, I know."

Ayanna left the paper behind on Whitney's desk, her steps echoing on the floor until she came to stop just beside of Icarus.

He noticed her shadow that the lights were casting on his desk and lab book, lifting his eyes to meet with hers. He asked, "Yes?"

"You know...we haven't gone out in a while..." she shifted her weight onto her right foot and adjusted the goggles.

"Uh-huh," he was brushing her off now and I just sighed. Love...what treacherous waters we sail for it. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered...Icarus has been watching too much Labyrinth and in turn, I have been watching too much as well.

"Did you want to come grab a drink with us?" Ayanna offered, her smile warming his heart in the next second.

He cleared his throats and stuttered, "Y-Yea. Th-That'd be nice."

"Perfect!" Ayanna smiled with exuberance. She left his side and walked back across the laboratory. Once she came to the bottom landing of the stairs that led up to the second story, she stated, "And you boys better dress nice."

Whitney turned his head in Icarus' direction and they both nodded.

Something tells me that maybe it'll be one drink too many tonight, after all, they had all be working so hard as of late.

༺༒༻

"This is so much fun!" Ayanna exclaimed loudly over the music of the club.

So, not only had they decided on drinking but instead of going to their usual bar, Whitney was the one who suggested they have a little extra fun tonight. A little extra stress reliever.

Ayanna had her hair down, smiling as she held a drink in her left hand while Whitney placed his empty glass down on the surface of the bar. It was a well-known fact that my varið did not care for this type of scene. He was uptight when it came to relaxing and enjoying himself, his first drink still sitting at half full.