9.

"People are gonna die. There's no way you can ever be ready for it."

-Rick Grimes

9.

"We're reinforcing our defenses. Doubles on the perimeter. No one's getting past that wire." Bellamy says as we walk up to Finn and Murphy, Clarke right by my side. Clarke came to share the news with me and Bellamy so we came to tell Finn.

"I'll see where they're thin." Finn stands up.

"No, you should head inside." Bellamy states. It's not safe for him to be out here especially with everyone wanting to give him up to save their lives. Cowards.

"B corridor will be easier to defend, if it comes to that." Bellamy tells him.

"I'm not gonna hide."Finn shakes his head looking shocked that we would even suggest a thing.

"You don't have much of a choice here, Finn. Everyone wants to give you up, it's not safe for you." I explain to him.

"Right now, we have to think about keeping you safe. I'm going to talk to Lincoln." Clarke furthers my point.

"Come on." Bellamy says.

Finn hesitates but starts to follow us until Murphy speaks up, "Hey. Any orders for me, princess?"

Even though he was speaking to Clarke, I stop with her as Bellamy and Finn continue on.

"Stay away from me." She says. My face twists into confusion, what the hell is her problem? Sure, Murphy has done stuff but it's all in the past now.

"I was just trying to be helpful." He defends himself.

"You were with him at the village." Clarke accuses.

"I tried to stop him." Murphy says.

"Not hard enough." She mutters.

"It's not his fault, Clarke." I tell her. This is on Finn, not Murphy.

"You know what? You wanna start blaming people, Clarke?" Murphy walks toward us and I sigh.

"He was out there looking for you." He finishes. He did have a point, Clarke has no reason to accuse Murphy of Finn killing people. Hell, I'm thinking if Murphy would've tried to stop Finn, he would be dead too. I know Clarke heard him but she chooses to walk away.

"It's not your fault, I know I already told you this but seriously, Murphy. Now, come on. You can guard the gates with the rest of us." I wait for him to come towards me so we can walk together but he doesn't.

"The princess doesn't want me there." He tells me.

"Who the hell cares what she wants? I want you there, now lets go." I order. I think I see a ghost of a smile on his lips but it's gone as soon as it appears and he walks with me in the direction they went.

I have forgiven Murphy. For everything, I know he's different now. If he was still the same Murphy he was when we first got here, he wouldn't of saved Bellamys life especially after Bellamy kicked the crate from beneath him all those days ago. He has changed. We all have.

When the next morning comes everyone is in high alert, they will be coming for Finn soon and if we don't give him to them, a war will be waged. As me and Bellamy walk toward the gates weapons in hand, I decided it wouldn't hurt to start carrying around a gun again even though I've gotten use to the sword.

As we stand by the guards we hear a faint chanting, "Jus drein jus daun." I've heard that before, blood must have blood.

"What are they saying?" Bellamy questions me and the guards look to me waiting for my answer.