Chapter 1: Welcome Back

Third Person POV

The sun reflected off the windows of the Mystery Shack. A lineup of sweaty tourists waited in line in the Mystery Shack's gift shop. Soos, dressed as Mr.Mystery, was leading a tour while his girlfriend Melody tended to the customers.

Soos loved running the shack, and Melody being there with him made it ten times better! Soos led his group of tourists the the small museum located in the shack, giving a small explanation of each odd item, and charging anyone who wanted to take picture. The goofy adult had learned a lot from his years under the employment of Stan Pines, and he swore to do good by his name while he and his brother were off sailing the world.

The bell in the gift shop chimed as two more customers entered. Some very familiar customers. Melody glance at the two new arrivals and her eyes widened, a smile appearing on her face. Soos exited the museum and his eyes fell upon the arrivals. He face instantly broke into a large grin. "DUDES!" He cried, rushing over to them and scooping them up in a hug.

The larger man dropped his friends back on the ground, his smile not once faltering, "Man am I happy to see you guys again."

"Nice to see you too Soos," Dipper said, smiling. Dipper and his twin sister Mabel had grown quite a bit in the past year. They were both taller, nearly the same height with Dipper being the taller one. Dipper's hair had grown slightly longer and he adorned Wendy's signature hat. He wore a red t-shirt and a dark blue sweater with brown shorts and red sneakers. Mabel no longer had her braces and her smile was almost blinding. Her long brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore a white short sleeved shirt with a shooting star on it and a pink sweater tied around her waist. She wore black tights with a purple skirt and pink sneakers.

"The Mystery Shack is now closed! Thank you all for coming! Be sure to grab a complimentary bumper sticker on your way out," Soos said as he began pushing people out the door.

Mabel giggled, "Aw Soos, you don't have to close the shack just for us."

Dipper raised an eyebrow at his friend, "If Stan were here he'd probably have a heart attack, seeing you giving stuff away for free."

The vending machine in the gift shop made a rumbling noise, catching the twins' attention. It opened with a hiss and out stepped another familiar figure. "He's too stubborn to have a heart attack. More like just be a drama queen about it," Ford joked.

"I am not a drama queen! I just don't see the value in giving stuff away for free," Stan said as he followed after his brother. Dipper and Mabel's faces lit up with joy. "Grunkle Stan! Grunkle Ford!" They cried in unison as they ran over to give the two older men a hug.

The two sets of twins laughed as they embraced in a large hug. Once they broke apart, Mabel immediately pummeled them with questions. "How was your trip? Did you find anything cool? Did you two repair your brotherly bond? Did you-"

Ford held up a hand to cut her off, "We'll answers all your questions, after we catch up." Soos pulled out his cell phone to call Wendy and tell her to come over.

Melody began to leave the shack and Soos noticed this. He rushed over to his girlfriend. "Hey Melody, where are you going?"

She glanced over her shoulder at the laughing relatives, "I should go. You all seem like you need some time to catch up. I'd just get in the way."

Soos' face fell, "But I thought you were-"

Melody leaned and gave Soos a quick peck on the lips, "I need to head into town to buy some groceries anyways. Plus, I promised Lazy Susan I would help at the diner today," she told him.

Soos blushed from the kiss, "Okay, see you tonight." Melody nodded and exited the shack. Soos followed the Pines family into the TV room, after sending a quick text to Wendy.

*20 minutes later*

"And then I punched it right in it's huge eye!" Stan shouted, punching his fist in the air. Mabel and Soos sat on the floor, staring at him in awe while Wendy and Dipper laughed at the older man's antics from their seat on the steps leading into the den.

Ford chuckled from his seat, "Only after I threw a spear at it's head."

Stan shrugged, "Okay, so it was a team effort." Ford punched his brother lightly in the shoulder and Stan returned the punch. Both brothers began to laugh and everyone joined in.

"Man, sounds like you guys had some awesome adventures," Wendy commented as the laughter died down, now wearing her normal hat. The lumberjack teen had also changed slightly over the past year. Her skin was slightly tanned and her long hair had been cut so it reached the middle of her back. She wore blue jeans, a red flannel shirt with a white tank top underneath.

Ford's face lit up at the mention of adventure. He stood up and raced out of the room, leaving everyone but Stan confused. "Did I say something?" Wendy asked.

Stan chuckled, "Nope. Just something he's been working ever since we got back. Which was two days ago." Ford ran back into the room, carrying a small black rectangle. On it was a dial, a keypad, and a screen. He held it up proudly, a goofy smile on his face.

No one said anything. Ford lightly smacked himself in the head, "Of course, explanations." He held out the device again, "I present to you, the Inter-Dimensional Transporter! It can transport you to any dimension you choose."

Everyone shifted uneasily at the mention of the device. "Um... Grunkle Ford? I don't think building an inter-dimensional portal creator is such a good idea," Dipper commented.

Ford waved his hand dismissively at the boy, "Nonsense. This device can only be used by those who activate it. And the only ones who go to another dimension are the only ones who can return from said other dimension. It's perfectly safe."

Stan stood up and walked over to his twin, "I dunno Sixer. Dipper has a point. After what happened last year with the whole...." Stan trailed off as everyone understood what he was talking about. Most of the people in Gravity Falls had completely forgotten about Weirdmaggedon, most thinking it was in all actuality a bad dream. But not the Pines and their friends. Weirdmaggedon had left scars on all of them, some that might never be fully healed. 

Ford frowned, "I am aware of that.... 'incident'. But I assure you, this device is 100% safe. A special 'friend' of mine told me that the Nightmare dimension is fully sealed and will never be opened again."

Stan frowned at this, "A friend?"

Ford smiled sheepishly and shrugged, "She prefers to remain unknown." He looked around the room, "So who wants to go on an adventure?" No one made a sound. Ford's smile disappeared.

Wendy stood up, "Sorry, count me out. I'm hanging out with Tambry tonight."

Soos followed suit, "And I have a date with Melody later. Sorry Mr.Pines."

Ford tried hard not to look disappointed, "It's fine, another time then." Ford placed the device in his jacket pocket, not realizing he had bumped a switch. The device began to beep and everyone's attention was turned to it. Ford pulled out his machine once more and his eyes widened. "Uh-oh," he whispered.

"Sixer?" Stan questioned, walking a little closer to his brother.

A bright light emitted from the box and soon everyone felt themselves grow warmer. "Looks like we'll have an adventure after all!" Ford cried, as the six of them disappeared.

A/N: So??? Thoughts?? Good? Bad? Should I continue? Please let me know what you think and I'll see you all in the next one!