Chapter Hundred and Sixteen

"How drunk I got. Babe, I really am sorry. I know you told me it's fine but I hate being drunk when you're around and not being able to look after you.", he sighs.

"I'm not a little child anymore. I was fine, you were somewhat fine, so it's all good my love."

He shrugs and kisses me: "Have I told you that I'm going to miss you like crazy?"

"Multiple times, yea. I'll miss you too, so much. Do you think you'll ever visit me?"

"I so wish I could but we are practically filming the whole month. I don't think I'll survive without you here."

"Oh, okay. I'm scared if I'm honest. The flight, a new country, the stress. It's all making me sick."

He takes my hand in his hand: "I want to come with you so you don't have to be scared. Let's make these last nine days fun, okay?"

"Okay."

And so the countdown begins.

Eight days until I am leaving and we are both procrastinating, laying in bed and trying to squeeze in the series we have to finish before I leave.

Seven days until I am leaving and we stroll around London, facetime my parents and watch a Christmas movie.

Six days until I am leaving and we spend the day working and sorting out our room, finding things we forgot about. Like the stickers I hid from him ages ago to safe our furniture.

Five days until I am leaving and we aren't even together. He had to go to meetings all day so Phil and I finally finish the show we began to watch.

Four days until I am leaving and Dan can't sleep because he is too anxious about me flighing on my own.

Three days until I am leaving and I start to pack, making sure I just have the essentials with me.

Two days until I am leaving and he won't leave my side and stop taking pictures of me.

One day until I am leaving and I wake up to him kissing me awake.

And by one day, I mean literally one day.

Groaning, I turn to the alarm next to our bed: 3 am.

"You okay?", I ask, wondering why he woke me up.

"Pretty much.", he says with a little grin, "It's 3 am and you're leaving in exactly 24 hours."

"And why did you wake me up?"

"So I would have as much time with you as possible."

I fall back onto my pillow and groan: "You are not being serious."

He pulls me closer to him and pecks my shoulder: "Looks like I am."

Rolling my eyes, I turn around to Dan: "What do you want to do then?"

All I get as a response is him grinning foolishly and his lips pressing against mine.

"Dan. I'm. Too. Tired.", I try to say between kisses.

"I'll wake you up."

"Wake me up inside."

"Can't wake up."

"Can't wake up inside."

In a high pitched voice he screeches: "Save me.", before he calms down from laughing so much and turns to me: "I love you."

Smiling up at the ceiling, I answer: "I love you too."

In response, I thought he would kiss or hug me, but instead he says: "Do you really? Like, do you still proper fancy me?"

I laugh: "What do you mean 'still proper fancy you'? Of course I do, more than just fancy. I love you."

"I still fancy you too. A lot. First time my crush liked me back.", he sighs dramatically.

"Oh as if, you Casanova."

"Casanova? That's a new one. From babe to bitch to love to fucking asshole to bear to Casanova?"

"Just trying to sum up your personality if I'm honest.", I say sarcastically.

"More like making me sound like I have some sort of multiple personalities."

"I mean, you can be nice sometimes. I guess."

"Alright, that's enough.", he threatens, jumps onto me, making me gasp for air, and tickles me.

A lot of laughing later, we decide to watch some soppy movies and eat popcorn at four am in the lounge until it is almost mid day and Phil wakes up, reminding us that we aren't the only ones in this house: "Alright, lovebirds, you should at least do something fun while still having time together. Like go to the movies or whatever."

He is clearly judging our plan to stay at home all day and cuddle, but that doesn't make our plans change.

Instead, we just move locations and sit in Dan's room, with the laptop on his lap and food on mine.

In the middle of Love Rosie, when Rosie and Alex have to separate, I feel him taking my hand and squeezing it firmly.

Looking over, his lips are pressed against each other, his eyes red and his cheeks tear stained.

Carefully, I cuddle up closer to him and wipe away the tears: "Don't be sad. Why are you crying?"

"I'm going to miss you so so much.", he brings out and covers his face.

Slowly, I feel my eyes burn and tears rise: "Me too. I'll miss you a lot."

Dan lets out a loud sigh and looks at me: "I have a little something for you that you can take with you."