Toothless was very surprised to learn that Hiccup spoke Norse. He thought no dragon knew the human language. But the dragon boy was part human, so maybe he did know a language. Toothless just never thought Norse would be part of it.

Hiccup told Toothless that was not at all true. At one time, humans and dragons spoke the same language. It was only till the fall out that dragons lost their way to speak to humans. Hiccup was lucky that his grandfather was able to teach him before he died.

After that, Toothless had so many questions. He could not help but chuckle when Hiccup would get angry at him whenever he asked too many questions.

"I'm only eight years old, you know. Just because I like to learn everything doesn't mean I know everything" Hiccup pouted at Toothless.

Toothless had to stifle a laugh. Hiccup just looked so adorable when he tried to be angry.

Hiccup and Toothless got along pretty well after that.

But there was the big question Toothless was afraid to ask. "What about you parents?"

Hiccup looked up at Toothless in shock.

"They must be very worried about you" Toothless rubbed the back of his head. He felt terrible about stealing a child away from his family. Let alone one that of an eight years old.

While Toothless was thinking his own thoughts of the kidnapping. Hiccup was trying to think about his situation....and life, "My mom was killed by Viking when I was a baby. My father...." What could Hiccup say about his father....or even his village. It's not like anyone would miss. Sure Gobber would shed a tear or two for him. But what about his father? Would he miss him?

Hiccup remember the time he woke up in the middle of night to get a cup of water. His father and Gobber were downstairs having a chat and did not realize that Hiccup was up. They talked about the battle with the Viking, how the village was doing, and last....Hiccup. His father felt that Hiccup was so hopeless in becoming a hybrid. Most kids his age were already flying ad transforming into their dragon form with ease. Where as Hiccup, would trip over his tail. Was hardly was able to form a dragon. He felt so embarrassed about Hiccup being his son.

This was not the first time Hiccup had heard something like this. It mostly came from the villagers or other kids, but never from his father's mouth. It crushed Hiccup inside. Yes, he was different. And clumsy, but he tried his best.

After that night, Hiccup looked at his father in a different way. Hiccup had always wanted to prove to his father that he was just as good as any hybrid. It just resulted in Hiccup maiming half the village and getting laughed at by the other kids.

Would he want to go back to that? Hiccup looked back up at Toothless. The black haired boy was smiling gently at him.

Toothless was kind to him. He never mocked him or called him odd. He had never hurt him, except for the kidnap part. He fed him, clothed him, and kept him safe.

It was better. Even though he was trapped in this house. It was better.

And maybe...his father would be happy if he was gone. Nothing to hold back the Great Stoick the Vast.

"I have no one" Hiccup began to cry at the thoughts of his past. He was startled when he felt a hand on the top of his head. Looking up, he saw Toothless giving him a reassuring smile.

Toothless felt bad for the kid. He had lost his own parents when he was a child. But he had Cloudjumper. What if Cloudjumper hadn't taken him in? What would become of Toothless?

Toothless put his arms around the crying Hiccup and gave him a hug, "You don't have to be alone anymore."

It would get better. Toothless would make sure of it.