-Chapter Seven-

Phil's pov (recap from the morning + more)

Also, a month without uploading she comes back with a,

moderately okay chapter that could use some work
-

His laugh sounds around the empty street, the slap of his hand against his clothed knee snapping into the air as he catches his breath. Chris was fully and completely surprising me at the moment, as I had never expected someone who seemed so cruel to be so astonishingly cheerful.

Pj had cracked a joke just moments prior that Chris had found incredibly hilarious, the boy now doubled over in laughter as we attempted to make our way to school.

I found it kind of weird that I was accompanying them on the way there. I hadn't intended on it happening, not at all. But it happened anyways, and I can't help but slightly feel bad for enjoying their company.

The duo was surprisingly pleasant to be around, well for the most part. Chris had already slipped up a few times, accidentally insulting me, or even Pj out of nowhere.

But I understood why, from what he had told me last night as he was drunkenly rambling with Pj's head rested, asleep, in his lap. He had revealed things I never expected the boy to have to endure on a daily basis. I understood him in a weird way now, a way I never thought I could.

It simply wasn't his fault that he's the way that he is, what he has can do that to you. I just never thought that someone like him would be someone who suffers through something like that on a daily basis.

I finally understood now, that through his sometimes harsh exterior, he was a cheerful butterfly. A little kid in a candy store, he was confusing. But in a twisted way, I like the confusion. It makes him unique and different from all the other mainstream idiots out there.

I just don't know how i'm gonna tell Dan. There's no way that I can tell him the things Chris drunkenly revealed to me at midnight. I'm not that bad of a person. There has to be some way around this, hopefully if i'm vague, he won't question it much.

Before I knew it, I was laughing along with the two boys. It wasn't something I did often, so if anyone were to see, they may come to the conclusion that I was having the time of my life if they knew me.

Of course, in that moment I didn't expect for there to actually be someone watching, or for it to be the person i'd least expected. Yet it was, he was there, Dan, sweater boy, and whatever other nickname i'd ever given them the title of.

Right across the street, and our eyes locked together, and as the smile slid off of my face into a metaphorical pile at my feet, my pace slowed. I nearly stopped walking altogether, but I didn't want Chris and Pj to notice, yet unfortunately, they did.

They noticed the way I slowed, the rest of me frozen yet my feet still moving, and it wasn't long before they noticed the cause of my shock too.

It was only now that I took in his appearance, his black jeans, his black shoes, as usual, but the jacket that was obviously a few sizes too big was enveloping him in an embrace over his small frame. The same one I had given him last night.

And for some reason, that tells me something, and makes the situation ten times worse on my part. With the added knowledge that he was purposely wearing my clothes, somehow a pound of guilt was laid over me like a heavy metaphorical blanket.

It's surprisingly dead silent for seconds that felt like minutes, the only sound that I faintly heard, that I hadn't blocked out, was the rustling of trees in the wind overhead.