“What happened to her?”

“We’ll tell you as soon as you get here.”

The nurse gave me the address and the room number. And immediately, Dave and I went there. After a few minutes of driving, we got there and went straight to the room where Elaine stayed.

She was asleep as we entered the room. A doctor and a nurse were there, too. They both turned as we stepped inside. The nurse smiled at me. That must be Nurse Letty.

“Vincent Coax I presume?” she said.

“Yeah. What happened to her?”

“Follow me to my office.” The doctor said. Both Dave and I followed.

When we got there, we sat down.

Dave leaned to me and whispered, “She’s hot for a doctor.”

“Why don’t you tell that to Louisse?”

Then he mouthed, ‘Sorry’.

“So…” I started. “What happened?”

“Overdosing. Particularly, sleeping pills.”

“What? Why?”

“To sleep, maybe.”

I found that stupid, of course. Is this doctor playing with me? As I was about to protest, I trailed off. “Are you – “

“And never wake up.”

And we were silenced. Dave and I looked at each other and exchanges puzzled looks. “Are you trying to say that she – “

“Tried to kill her self. Yes.”

“But why would she do that?”

“Yea. I don’t remember her having some serious problems. And she’s not that type of girl. I know her.” Dave said.

He has a point. That’s not Elaine. She loved herself and her life so much that she wouldn’t exchange it for anything – even if she has problems. So why on earth would she do that?

The doctor cleared her throat. “You sure you have no idea on this Mr. Coax?”

“What do you mean?”

“You really don’t know you’re the reason for this?”

“What?” I said, perplexed.

“We had a psychologist talk to her when she woke up earlier. She told our psychologist that she’d rather die than lose you. She has an obsessive-compulsive disorder.”

I almost cannot believe what she told me. But, I remembered what happened in the trip to Weasley Island. She’d done it before. The night when I had my dinner date with Liz, one of her friends called me because she locked herself in the bathroom. If I hadn’t arrived there on time, she might’ve killed herself on the spot. And the sleeping pills were also there.

The doctor explained to us more of the obsessive-compulsive disorder. At first, I thought that obsessive-compulsive people are only exaggerated when it comes to cleanliness and orderliness of their things or to celebrities or some other things. People who have this disorder are not just obsessed with something or, in Elaine’s case, someone but also do things just to have them – even if it disrupts their way of living.

I sat beside Elaine’s bed as I watch her sleep. She’s too smart to do this thing. Or has she really lost her mind?

“Vince?” she said, almost awake. “Is that you?”

I took her hands and held them. “Yes.”

She blinked and sat up. “Vince! You’re here!” And she gave me a hug. “I knew you would come for me! Doctor! Look! Vince’s here! I am right! He really came for me!”