Those Three Words

Mike and I decided to take a break from each other for a while because of all the stress we've been going through. It has now been two months since the split and it hasn't been easy he's all I think about. I am back to feeling lonely again. I feel like a whole part of me is missing, Mike was my best friend and I cant believe I just let him go like that...

I have been feeling a whole lot better now so to get my mind off things I decided to go workout. I needed to get back in shape after being sick and just laying around all day long. I do my normal routine treadmill, weights, lunges, and squats. I was just getting done with my workout when I heard my phone ring. I ran over and grabbed my phone and saw the name I never would've expected to see.

It was Mike he was calling me, but why? I just stood there my heart was beating so fast I didn't know what to do so I just let it go to voice mail. Soon after that I received a text from him "Hey Carrie I was just calling to ask you if we could meet up somewhere I really need to talk to you." After a moment of thinking I texted back "Yeah sure, where would you like to meet?" "How about the Cafe downtown?" "Sure that's fine. Be there in an hour." "Okay great."

What would he want to talk about? Getting back together...No I'm the one who broke it off why would he beg for me back? For right now I'm not going to get my hopes up. I went upstairs to take a shower. After my shower I blow dried my hair, did my make up and put on something cute. Even though we weren't together I still wanted to look good.

As I was heading out to my car I pulled out my phone and texted Mike "Leaving now." "Okay see ya in a few." I arrived at the Cafe and walked in and saw Mike at a table. Walking over to him with my heart feeling like it was about to fly out of my chest I couldn't help but smile seeing him flash his gorgeous smile at me. When I got to the table he stood up and embraced me with a hug.

"So Carrie how have you been." "Ehhh I've been okay.. How about yourself." He hesitated for a moment before he spoke. "Not so good... Carrie I miss you. I miss you more than anything, you're all I think about everyday. Not being with you for these past two months has killed me. I cant imagine spending another day without you, I need you in my life Carrie.. I love you."