Guilty Pleasures - A Sherlock Romance

Start from the beginning

Sherlock used his deduction skills to see what he could find out about the mysterious girl: her hair long yet she had split ends although her hair looked perfectly smooth as if it would be soft to the touch. Her clothes looked positively second hand, as if she were from a working class family, they were not rich yet not so poor that they could not afford the simple necessities. She was biting her lower lip which could indicate that she was a little shy; the oversized hoodie could definitely back that up. A girl wearing oversized garments would definitely be hiding something, the girl doesn’t look that daring to hide a concealed weapon and such yet she seems like she could however be hiding herself, possibly scars on her arms. Yes, her lower eye lids were grey showing she hadn’t slept very much or frequently, the book bag she had on her shoulder was filled to the brim with books which would mean she read quite often. This could also show that she had insomnia which is a side effect of depression; another side effect was slitting therefore she would need to hide her body up especially her wrists which were covered by the long arms of the hoodie and several bracelets if the hoodie slipped up.

The clothing choice however, described a whole different person. Her clothing options were her own, she wasn’t following any particular trends, the clothing was quite different from what most girls were wearing on television. It made her stand out. It gave her an air of confidence which had contradicted Sherlock’s previous deductions about her.

This was definitely strange; Sherlock usually could deduce a person simply by looking at them, even with John. However, this girl was very different. Sherlock didn’t know whether to offer condolence or run before he was brutally murdered by a child psychopath. Sherlock decided to finally speak, “My apologies, my… friend has just died you see so I had a slight outburst.”

“I know.” The girl quietly said making her way to place the Lilly on John’s grave, “Don’t worry, I know he was your “friend”, John told me quite a bit about you in his letters Mr Holmes. You were almost all he had talked to me about.” The girl glanced at the ground for a quick second, upset? Perhaps she had been an ex-girlfriend that John had kept in contact with that still had feelings for him. Highly understandable; she shot her eye sight straight back up to Sherlock after a second had passed, “I am sorry for your loss, I was close to John too. I don’t know if he ever mentioned me bu~”

“No.” Sherlock quickly spat out, he had no time for idiotic exes of John’s. What they had was in the past and they could not ruin Sherlock’s mourning period. Sherlock presumed to make his way to the coffin and pushed past the girl, if Sherlock wasn’t already annoyed he certainly was once he and the girl had touched. Even though it was just a second Sherlock could feel his heart pounding in his chest; what the hell Sherlock? He took a deep breath and mumbled, “Why don’t you just leave. John never mentioned you so I doubt he would want you here.”

The girl fell back shocked; Sherlock could hear the gasp getting stuck in her throat. When Sherlock thought she was leaving he heard a gentle sob under her breath as she cried out in a strange tone; “What is wrong with you? Dad always said you were a sociopath but he never said you were heartless!”

Dad?

Sherlock immediately felt a cloud of guilt form around him, the last part of John that was left in this world and he just insulted the hell out of her. He was hardly wrong, John had never mentioned her but he still must have cared for her if they wrote each other. Sherlock had to make this right.

The girl made her way to the street to hail a taxi, she felt her hands shaking whilst she prepared to open the approaching car’s door handle. If she didn’t leave she knew what would happen, she would start to sob, hyperventilate and then fall into an entire panic attack. As she grabbed the door handle she felt another hand above hers grasp it, she froze scared unsure whom was behind her and why they were touching her.

She knew if it were the situation she thought there would be no use in fighting, it had never worked in the past so it would definitely not work with a stranger in the street whilst winter’s approach rendered it pitch black.

“Please.” She heard a low quiet voice plead, she knew this voice from somewhere before, the man at the cemetery? Father’s boyfriend? She turned around hopefully and saw him; she peered up at the lanky, attractive stranger as he removed her hand from the taxi door.

“I’m sorry for before I had no idea. Please let me get you a bite to eat at least to apologize.”

The girl looked down quietly for a second before nodding and following the strange man her father had told her about for years. The town of London was new to her so the strange people whom would walk past her at night were both frightening yet fascinating. Back home nobody liked individuality; they thought it was a phase that needed to be stamped out. Here however, it seemed to be entirely different, as if it were embraced almost.

They sat down at the coffee table and Sherlock ordered his meal, she looked down at the menu and chose a simple cheese burger and chips. The second she ordered she saw the smirk that creeped upon Sherlock’s face. “What?” The curious girl questioned.

“Nothing, you’re just very different from your father.”

The girl almost stared at Sherlock, a look of intrigue and fascination crossing her face, “What was he like? My dad?”

Sherlock looked puzzled for a moment, “Surely you know what your father is like, you must have talked about this in several of your letters before.”

The girl looked hesitant before answering, she looked down at the table tracing the marks left by several of the customers before. Her eyes looked and followed the intricate lines of the carved, “Timmy loves Emily,” on the wood. Finally, after a long pause she answered, “John never asked me about myself nor did he ever really talk about himself. Most of our conversations were about either his work or you.”

She could see Sherlock’s face redden with embarrassment before he sighed under his breath, “I am sorry, John can be quite clueless at times.”

“You’re telling me.”

The two shared a quiet chuckle and giggle before silence resumed. The pair waited for their meal quietly, the thickness of the awkwardness of the situation could be cut by a knife. Once the food arrived Sherlock watched John’s daughter shovel her meal down almost as if she never ate a meal in her life. Surely her family had enough money to feed themselves and her? At least that’s what her clothes implied.

John’s Daughter, Sherlock realized he didn’t even know her name.

“What’s your name?” Sherlock asked intrigued.

In a low whisper the girl answered, “J-Jennifer.”

--------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked my Sherlock Fanfict I thought I would do a bit of a different Johnlock fanfiction this time don’t hate me!!! I hope you enjoyed love you all! C: