Chapter 10 |Inches Away

I woke up and decided to go on my early gym run. It's been a while since I've done that. I wore a red tank top with black workout shorts With that I wore my black Adidas sneakers. I pulled my hair in a ponytail and I making on my way to run to the gym. Joey was leaving also. I decided to catch up to him.

I ran up to him and I did not realize the condition I was in. I had no makeup on and was sweating and I probably smelt like I work at the circus cleaning elephant poop. I was in no condition to see a guy. But he had already saw me. He smiled. I smiled back.

"Hey Joseph."I greeted him. "Hey Tori." He said. "I'm sorry I look and smell like...this."I said gesturing to myself. "I think you look fine."he complimented. "You're such a sweet liar."I said smiling.

"So where ya heading?"he asked. "The gym."I replied "Really me too?"he exclaimed. "Oh wow this is like the first time we met." He added. "You say it like it was 2.2 million years ago. It was only about a month or so." I said. "Well that's long for me and don't think I didn't notice you stole my line."

I laughed.

We are at the gym and Joey is with his trainer and I am with mine. "Come on Tori, 3 more!"he shouted at me and I was straining to do my chin ups. I hate chin ups my arms are so sore after I do them. But we don't want wings on our arms, now do we?

*******************************

After I finished my workout I waited for Joey. After a few minutes he was finished and de started walking home together.

"I'm sweaty, I know I smell like it. I apologize to your nose."I said laughing. "Why are you apologizing, we just came from the gym I smell worse than you." He laughed. "Do you mind if I vlog?"he asked. "Um I look and smell like this."I replied. "They can't smell you"he said. "Fine l'll do it later."he said putting his camera away.

"Meghan, Kalel and I are gonna shoot a video tomorrow."I said. "Cool what type?"

"I have no idea something for each of our channels, I guess."I said. "Oh well that means we can hangout today."Joey said happily. "Why do you always wanna hangout with me, I'm not saying I don't want to cuz I do but, why me?" I asked not trying to sound rude.

"I don't know, I mean we're great friends and I really enjoy spending time with you."he replied. "Yeah, I like being with you too. Um I'm gonna go home get dressed and I'll meet you at your place."I added as we approached our building.

I went home took a well-needed shower, put on some makeup and got dressed.

I wore black skinny jeans with a graphic tee that said "don't grow up, it's a trap!" I bought it back when Taylor and I lived in New York. I wore red converses to complete my outfit.

I grabbed my laptop and cellphone and walked over to his house. It's great that we live so close to each other, so I don't have to drive. I knocked on the door and Joey answered. "Hey girl, come in." I walked inside and followed him up to his room. I sat on the chair while he sat on his bed.

"Wanna play some hunger craft?"he asked me. "Um sure." I responded. I opened my laptop and started the game.

I look to my right and see Joey has just flung his shirt to the ground. I tried not to stare. "Whatcha looking at?" Joey said jokingly. Omg he saw me. I looked away and blushed. "Oh my gosh you are too cute."he said laughing. I blushed even harder. "Lets just start the game" I said trying to change the subject. "O.K. Lemme just call Stacy." He said as he Skype called her.

After we played a few rounds joey ended his call with Stacy started to put his shirt back on. "Oh yeah, Tori don't think I didn't see you looking at my abs"Joey said with one eyebrow raised. "U-um I was not looking at your abs." I said blushing. "Yes you were!"he said laughing. "Whatever. Can we please change the subject?" I said trying to hide my face. I sat on the bed next to Joey. "Don't fall like last time."Joey mocks jokingly. "Rude and disrespectful." I scoff. He laughs.

"Hey you wanna go to the park?"he asked. "Like, now" I asked. He nodded. "Lets go"

Joey and I are walking through the park, looking for the lake.

"Oh l think its over there."he said as he grabbed my hand and ran towards the lake. His hand was so soft.

Once we got to the lake Joey didn't stop holding my hand, and I'm not complaining either. I held his hand back. We walked closer to the huge body of water and sat down on the dirt shore that separated the land from the water, still hand in hand. We were the only ones there.

"So Torianya. Tell me about your past relationships."Joey said. I sighed. Telling this story is like picking a scab and reopen ing a wound.

"Okay, so I used to go out here and there but my last serious relationship was with a guy named Jake. I really thought he would be the one for me. But 2 years later his mom died and he was grieving and became a very angry person. He started drinking and he even hit me once or twice."I explained.

Joey's smile dropped. "But the hitting wasn't that big of a deal--"I added not trying to ruin the happy mood.

"Yes, it was." Joey interrupted. "It was a big deal, he hit you Tori. A guy should never hit a girl, especially not one as pretty as you." I smiled. "Thanks for saying that ." I said.

"But, but I wasn't just saying that."he said staring into my eyes.

Our faces are just inches away now. He closes his eyes and lean in. I do the same. Our lips are touching and are about to lock when--

_______________________

A/N

Ooooo cliffhanger.