“Sure!” Payal answered.  She stepped aside, allowing him to enter.  

“Good morning, sir.” Rajiv greeted Aman.  

“Good morning, Rajiv.” Aman replied, not really paying attention to him.  

“Sir, I wanted to ask your permission to take Payal out to the movies.” Rajiv said quietly.  

Priya’s eyes widened. She nearly choked on her tea.  

“I thought she was going with Neha.” Aman said defensively.  

“Yes. Neha-ji will be there as well.  Our outing will be completely supervised.” Rajiv assured.  

Aman looked at Priya. He didn’t really care if Payal went out on a date. In fact, he thought dating was a healthy thing for a teenager Payal’s age, but he knew Priya was conservative about such matters.  Payal looked on in shock.  She was beyond ecstatic.  She didn’t care that Rajiv arranged for someone to babysit them.  All she cared about was that he wanted to go on a date with her.  

“Rajiv, I have no problem with you taking Payal out.” Aman said.  He noticed Priya’s furrowed brows, “but the decision isn’t mine to make.” he stated, looked at Priya.  

Rajiv followed his gaze towards Priya.  

“I…” Priya started. She noticed Payal start making a begging motion as she stood behind Rajiv and Aman. “I don’t mind. Payal, have fun.” Priya said with a smile.  

Payal screamed in happiness. The quickly thanked Priya and grabbed Rajiv, rushing him out to Neha’s car before anyone could change their mind.  

Aman turned his attention to Priya.  She seemed a lot sadder than usual.  Her smile disappeared as soon as Payal left.  

“Priya, are you okay?” Aman asked.

“I’m fine,” Priya said, though she wasn’t sure if she really was.  

“Will you be okay by yourself?” Aman asked, genuinely concerned.  Last night, she clung to him and refused to leave the safety of his arms.  Aman felt bad just abandoning Priya after such a traumatic event happened.

“I’ll be fine.” Priya said.  She sounded like she was convincing herself rather than answering Aman’s question.  

“I can reschedule my meetings, and have the really important ones relocated to here if you don’t want to be left alone.”  Aman suggested.  

“It’s okay, Aman. I’ll be fine. You don’t have to do that.” Priya said.  

“I don’t mind, and it’s no trouble. I just need to know you’re okay.” Aman tried to convince her.  

Priya thought about it.  In her heart, she wanted Aman to stay with her just for today, but she didn’t want to seem like one of those needy wives that required all of her husband’s attention.  

“I...Honestly, I want you to stay.” Priya admitted quietly.  

“Then I’ll stay.” Aman smiled.  He was more than happy to oblige.  He was worried about her and knew he’d feel more comfortable if he was around.  

He told the maids to clear the table and make sure the conference room in his mansion was prepared for this afternoon.  He called his assistants, telling them to cancel all of his meetings except one that was too urgent to be postponed.  He would host it at his mansion, in his conference room.  

Priya watched as he made all the preparations.  He busily talked on his phone to who she assumed to be one of his assistants.  A wave of guilt washed over her.  Aman had to make such a effort to rearrange his day just because she didn’t want to be alone.  Even with maids and butlers around, she only wanted Aman with her.  She only felt safe with Aman.