Chapter Twenty Two

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Kale’s POV*

I entered the kitchen with my jaw still dropped. I can’t believe that just happened. My sister’s best friend just kissed me! What the hell is going on? And why couldn’t I stop thinking about it after it happened?

Carter was sitting at the island, blubbering into his hands.

“Will you please just man up?” I groaned. “Get over her Carter! She’s moved on!”

His head shot up. “She moved on?!?”

“Yeah, she did. She’s into some guy she went out with this summer. So, seriously, just get over her. She doesn’t like you anymore.”

“Whatever,” he muttered. “What’s up with that face you were making earlier?”

“Leighton, she…kissed me…” I trailed off, thinking about it once more.

“Damn dude! She just came up and kissed you?”

“Well not exactly. I was kind of screaming at Maddi and she kissed me to shut me up,” I explained. “But honestly, it was one of the best kisses I’ve ever had in my life.”

“Wow, playboy Kale is falling in love!” he teased, punching me on the shoulder.

“Kale Knight does not fall in love,” I stated. “God dammit, where’s my phone? I have to call Shelly!”

“Why? So that she can give you a fuck so you can forget about Leighton?”

“Shut up man,” I growled and picked up my phone, dialing Shelly’s number.

Hopefully this would work.

*Leighton’s POV*

Okay, maybe I kissed him for other reasons…BUT the main reason was to shut him up. However, he is so cute and kissable! I mean, look at him! He’s sex on legs!

“TURN THE LIGHT OUT NOW, NOW I’LL TAKE YOU BY THE HAND!” Maddi sang/screamed The Wanted’s hit single “Glad You Came”, snapping me out of my thoughts.

No Leighton, you cannot be falling for Kale. You need to focus on other things. Like schoolwork and getting that bitch Melissa out of my brother’s life.

“Hey, you okay? Normally you’d be over here singing and cleaning with me. You’ve been staring at the wall for the past five minutes,” Maddi said.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I said, turning back into reality.