Chapter Twenty Six

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*After School – Landon’s POV*

I hadn’t spoken to Maddi once today during school and I tried to ignore those sexy grins she was giving me during class. I have to admit it, I’m a wimp. I’m scared what’ll happen when I tell her. Is she going to freak out? Are we even going to be allowed to be together?

I sighed to myself and continued walking down the hallway to the front door of the school. That was when I slammed into someone.

“Ow, shit!” the male cursed from the floor.

He looked up and scowled at me. Damn, what’s his problem? Wait, is that Maddi’s ex?

“Sorry. I should’ve been watching where I was going,” I said.

“Yeah, you should’ve,” he growled, getting up.

“You know, you shouldn’t disrespect a teacher,” I pointed out.

“You know, I don’t give a shit. Go fuck Maddi for all I care,” he said, brushing my shoulder as he passed.

My jaw dropped. He knew too? How was this possible? We’d been so careful!

I rushed out to my car and sped home, only to find…Kale and Leighton cuddling on the couch?

“What in the living hell is going on here?” I questioned angrily.

I did not like that boy one bit. I knew how he was. Maddi had told me.

Leighton spun around and looked at me, mortified.

“LANDON?” she freaked. “What’re you doing home? I thought you were going on a date with…uh…what’s her name?”

“I had to cancel,” I told her. “But do you mind telling me what HE is doing here?”

“Mr. Evers, I’m so sorry. I promise I haven’t touched her like that. She’s still innocent,” Kale said, standing up and putting his hands up in surrender.

“Get the hell out of my house!” I growled. I was not in the mood to deal with this bullshit right now.

He had the nerve to peck my sister on the lips before scrambling out the front door. I glared at Leighton and pointed towards the dining room. She faced the floor and sluggishly made it into the dining room. I sat at the table with her.

“What was that about?” I demanded.

“Uh…”

“DON’T LIE TO ME LEIGHTON! WHY WAS THAT BASTARD HERE?”

“HE’S NOT A BASTARD! HE’S MY BOYFRIEND!” she shrieked.

My eyes widened and I tried to calm myself down. “No, there is absolutely no way you are dating him. Not after what he’s done to Maddi. Are you seriously doing this to her?”

“They’re getting along now Land. It’s nothing to worry about. And anyways, he’s changed.”

“Changed,” I scoffed. “Yeah, like High School guys ever change.”

“Landon, just believe me. I’m your little sister,” she pouted.

I couldn’t resist that puppy face. “Alright, I believe you. But tell me one thing. Does Maddi know?”

“No…”

“And when are you planning on telling her?”

“I don’t know. Kale doesn’t want to tell her because he’s mad at her for not telling him about her dating you.”

“And you really expect me to keep this discovery to myself?”

“Please do! Don’t tell her!” she begged. “You can’t! It has to be me who tells her!”

I sighed. “Whatever. I’m going to take a shower.”

“Wait, why did you cancel the date with Maddi?”

“I…I just had to.”

There was no way I was telling her about the two people who knew and could ruin this entire thing.

*Maddi’s POV*

I had called Landon and Leighton multiple times but no one had answered. I understand why Leighton wouldn’t, but why wouldn’t Landon? He told me that although we couldn’t do out on our date tonight, he’d talk to me later.

So I finally decided to drive to their house. I knocked on the front door and it swung open to reveal Landon standing there in gray sweatpants and a white tank top.

“Hey, did you get my calls?” I wondered.

“What? You called? No, I didn’t get them. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. Can I come in?”

“Actually, I’m sorry but I’m going to have to say no this time Ms. Knight.”

“Why are you calling me Ms. Knight?”

“Because you’re my student.”

“I’m your girlfriend also.”

“You’re my student and that’s all you’ll ever be,” he said and shut the door in my face.

I stood there in shock. Did he just break up with me? Why all of a sudden? I’d done nothing wrong!

I held back the tears and drove myself home with my new One Direction CD playing all of the saddest songs on their album. Once I got through the door to the house, I burst into tears, running past Kale who was shocked at my sudden show of emotions. I ran into my room and threw myself onto my bed, crying my eyes out. I gasped when I felt a body slide down next to me.

“What’s wrong Mads? Is it that boy?” Kale asked sweetly.

I nodded, sniffling. He wrapped his arms around me like the good brother he was.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be okay. He doesn’t know what he’s missing out on,” he murmured. “And if I ever find out who this guy is, I swear, I’ll kick his ass just for you.”

I giggled, hiccupping from the tears that were now dying down.

“You know, you should really tell me the name of this guy.”

“It’s not even worth it. I should’ve known he would’ve hurt me again.”

“If you tell me his name, I’ll tell you who I’m dating.”

I shot up out of his hold.

“YOU’RE DATING? LIKE OFFICIALLY?” I screamed.

“Yeah, but I’m not telling you who until you tell me who.”

“Well I’m not telling! And frankly, I don’t give a shit who you’re dating! Now go to bed!” I said. “Thanks for the help, but I don’t need you anymore.”

“Fine, little feisty twin,” he laughed. “Night Mads.”

“Night K.”

*Kale’s POV*

After my moment with Maddi, I headed into my room, grabbing my cell phone right away. I dialed Leighton’s number.

“Hello?” she answered.

“You need to tell me right now who my sister is dating because she just showed up at home crying her eyes out over whoever it is,” I said.

“What? What happened?”

“I’m assuming he broke up with her. It’s pretty bad.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll give him a piece of my mind,” she reassured me.

“Yeah? By doing what?” I chuckled.

“Don’t underestimate me babe,” she said. “You don’t want to mess with me. Now I’m sorry, but I can’t give you his name. I’ll deal with this though. Night.”

With that, she hung up. Wow, she actually just hung up on me. Damn, I love this girl. Wait, what? Love?

~COPYRIGHT 2012~