Chapter Seventeen

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Later that night – Landon's POV*

"Leight, I'm going out for a little while. I should be back before 9!" I called to my sister.

"Alright, love you! Use protection!" she yelled.

"What? Am I 16 years old again? Jesus!" I exclaimed.

I heard her giggle followed by someone else's giggles; Maddi's. Yes, she was over again. Actually, she'd been over since school ended. I was trying to restrain myself from asking questions about her new boyfriend. Maybe this meeting would take my mind off of things.

I headed out the door and got into my car, driving to the coffee shop I told Melissa I would meet her at. When I walked in, there she was holding a steaming cup of hot chocolate with a smile on her face. Her curls were framing her face, making her beautiful eyes stand out. I snapped myself out of it. Why am I looking at her like this?

"Hi," I said as I sat down.

"Hey, I ordered you a hot chocolate. I didn't know what you wanted so I settled for simple," she said with a smile. "That's perfectly fine."

"So what do you want to talk about first?"

"I say we go over the lesson plan about the Declaration of Independence first," I told her.

We started off actually talking about the lesson plan for the first twenty minutes and then someone we got off topic. We were just talking aimlessly about random things, learning new stuff about one another and laughing at stupid jokes we made. I glanced down at my clock and it read 8:15. I was shocked. We'd really been talking for over 2 hours?

"I hate to cut you short Melissa, but I have to get home to my sister," I told her.

"Leighton, right? She's in my homeroom. She's a very nice girl and she stands up for herself," she complimented.

"Thank you. I try to keep her in line," I chuckled. "Thank you for the lesson plan and thank you for the great time. Let me walk you to your car."

We went out to the parking lot and walked to her car in silence. When we got to it, she turned to face me.

"I should be the one thanking you for tonight. After all, you were the one who invited me," she said.

"Nah, it's not a big deal. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch?" I asked. I was kind of hopeful.

"I wouldn't miss it."

I grinned and we looked at one another for a second. She leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips. She pulled away blushing with a small smile on her face. She turned around to get in her car, but I grabbed her and spun her around to face me. I pressed my lips to hers once more and pulled away whispering, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," she replied and got into the car.

I stood there watching her car drive down the road until it was out of sight. Wow, tonight was one of the best nights of my life although it was nothing compared to the nights with...GOD DAMMIT LANDON! GET OVER HER! SHE'S A MINOR!

I angrily shook my head at myself as I made my way to my car. I shouldn't be thinking of one of my students in that way. It's completely inappropriate! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't like her the way I liked Melissa.

I drove home and walked in the house to see Maddi and Leighton lounging on the couch eating popcorn and watching a movie. I put my hands on my hips and stood in front of them.

"Get out of the way!" my sister screamed, throwing a piece of popcorn at me.

"No. Shouldn't you two be doing your homework? For history, perhaps?" I questioned.

"We already did it Mr. Evers. Now can you please move?" Maddi asked.

My heart melted at the sound of her voice and I shifted to the side.

"Don't call me Mr. Evers outside of school. It makes me sound old. I'm only 22," I complained. "Call me Landon. And Maddi, after this program is done I think it'd be best for you to head home. It's getting late."

"Whatever you say sir," she giggled, mocking me.

I laughed and started to walk out of the room. But I stopped when I heard what my sister said next to Maddi.

"You know, you don't have to act awkward around him. I know you still have feelings for him. Go for him. He's a good guy," she whispered. My sister never really was good at whispering.

Was she really encouraging both me and her to start a forbidden relationship? Damn, my sister really knew how I felt about this girl.

"What? I don't have feelings for him! The summer is done with and anyways, now I have a new boyfriend, who is handsome, sweet, and plain sexy," she laughed.

"You got that right. I would do him any day."

I wanted to scream out, 'You're not doing anyone while you're living in my house,' but I held it back.

"Back off sister! He's mine!"

I chuckled to myself as I exited the room. Those two girls were interesting when they got together. I'm just glad that Maddi finally found someone to hang around with. Maybe I can start a new chapter of my life now and forget about her. She's happy with a new guy and new friends and I'm happy with a new girl. Her and her brother are getting along now and my sister and I have a great relationship. I guess we're both good now. We don't need one another. Or do I need her?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melissa and Landon? Things are heating up between the two!

Can Landon get over Maddi and start a new chapter in his life?

Does he need her?

I know this story is moving at a slow pace but that's how I like it! I hope you don't mind. This story has MANY more chapters to come! I have ideas galore! When I'm typing, I just come up with ideas out of nowhere! Lol.

Hate? Like? Love?

~COPYRIGHT 2011~