Chapter #2

~•3rd POV~•
Percy was sitting on the edge of Hera's Garden when Annabeth walked over to him. She sat on the bench next to him and put her hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off because he was really angry with her, she left him for immortality. He turned down godhood TWICE for her.

It hurt her when we shrugged her hand off, he normally doesn't act this way. "Percy what's wrong?" After she said that she instantly regretted it because of the obvious anger it caused.

"WHAT'S WRONG? What's wrong is that you chose immortality over me. I turned down GODHOOD twice for you, but when you are offered immortality you throw me out like yesterday's trash. You abandoned me! For gods sake, I follow you into the labyrinth for you, I swam in the River Styx so I could keep you safe, I kept going when I lost my memory for you, I fell into TARTARUS for you. But when you are offered immortality for think about yourself, did you even think if I would be ok with it, did you think what it would do to me? You betrayed my trust! Then you have the nerve to ask what's wrong! What is wrong with you!" Percy yelled. She started crying as he yelled at her, she didn't think about him, and now she hurt him. "It was everything I've ever wanted. What do you expect me to do, turn it down?"

After she said that she realized how selfish it sounded. Percy's anger grew "What about me? Do I not fit into your perfect world? You let your pride get in your way, you let your fatal flaw blind you! Well, I guess I let my fatal flaw blind me too. Because I trusted you and was loyal to you, I expected you to be the same to me. I guess I was wrong. We can't stay together, this is a one sided relationship, I loved you, I trusted you, I was loyal to you! But you aren't loyal to me, you aren't worthy of my trust, you aren't worthy of my love, you messed up, you broke us. Goodbye Annabeth." He walked away with tears streaming down his face either not noticing or not caring about he crowd of wide eyed people in the garden, or Annabeth balling her eyes out.

~•Percy POV•~
After I walked out of Hera's Garden with tears streaming down my face I went to the one place where I know I can get some comfort. I went strait to the hearth in the throne room. When I got there I saw Hestia sitting in her 8 year old form tending to the fire. I walked over and sat down next to her. When I sat down she looked at me and smiled "Hello Percy, what brings you to the hearth?" I looked up at her and she saw my red eyes and tear streaked face and immediately hugged me. I cried into her shoulder as she whispered comforting words into my ear. After about 15 minutes of crying I finally stopped, but continued to hug her. She made me feel comfortable, safe, and happy. She smelt of fire and the most delicious food imaginable, and she had the calming aura around her.

After a few more minutes we separated and I smiled at Hestia. "Thank you Lady Hestia, I really needed that." She smiled kindly at me "You are always welcome at the hearth, for any reason. Now, what made the hero of Olympus so sad?" I told her about everything that happens from the award ceremony to Hera's Garden. When I finished she engulfed me in a hug that I happily returned. "I'm so sorry Percy, that should have never have happened to you. What are you going to do now?" She asks. I sigh and run a hand through my hair "I don't know, I might go up north and release some pent up emotions on monsters. I might stay with my mom for a while, but I don't want to attract monsters to her. So I'll probably go with the first option. What do you think I should do?" She smiles at me "Do what feels right, do what will help you, this is a time for you to think about yourself for once. If going up north will help you, then go up north, but please promise me you won't loose yourself." She said seriously. I smile at her "Thank you Lady Hestia, and I promise, while I may not be the same, I will still be me. I'm going to go make arrangements to leave." I said as I get up. "Oh, and Lady Hestia, if you ever need me I'll be there, no matter what. Just call and I'll come."