Chapter 44: Shots Fired

Chapter 44

Shots Fired

 Sh'lera's POV

I came back from the trial feeling better and actually laughing and having fun with Mason. "So you still owe me that 20," I said nudging him in the side. "Well I didn't mean to break it to you this way, but I let you win." 

"Oh that's so like you," I said narrowing my eyes jumping on his back. He falls down to the ground I laugh when he rolls over and entraps me. "How about to try and get that 20," He challenges, 

"Sh'lera?" I looked up and saw Adam with Violet. He didn't look so well, Mason left my side and helped me up. "Adam are you alright-" 

He puts a hand up, "Fine, what are you doing? With him might I add?" I looked back at Mason and then at Adam. I could've told him about the close intimate conversation we had with our body parts that we engaged in but then again, maybe I couldn't tell him. 

"We cleared things up, we're friends." I said looking back at Mason who nodded. Adam shook his head and snapped his fingers. 

"Check him," Violet stepped towards us and I put my hands up. "Adam is this serious?" 

"Sh'lera please it would all be over, I had a long day and I could really use my wife." Adam said a little more pained and I moved to the side and allowed Violet to be with Mason. I took the chance to walk to Adam. 

"How was the other pack?" He moves his face and avoids looking at me, "I'm going home, I'll be there thinking where's my wife?" He spits at me and stalks off. I stood their hurt and feeling guilty. 

"Adam!" I called after him but Violet held me back, "He's telling the truth," 

"Well you tell him," I snapped at her and ran after Adam, I flipped over in front of him. "Adam please talk to me," I begged and he moved aside me but I grabbed his arm. "Please,"

He sighed, "I watched as they killed my brother, the part I can't get over is that fact that I was relieved that they killed him. There was something about him, something that was just wrong. I-I know it was wrong for thinking that. When I came back I saw Roxy, Tyler, Bree, Noah, and Xavier all in a group. I went over there to check up what was wrong? When Bree blurted out that you were with him. I went into a rage and sent out searches. I mean have you forgotten what he did, what he done to our unborn child?" Adam vented and I flinched because he was upset and I knew he was trying to contain it. 

"All types of sick thoughts were clouding my mind and I didn't know what to think of it. Baby you just don't get it. But when I think of you and Mason I tend to go crazy! You don't understand just how crazy. I almost wanted to burn down this entire pack to find you-" 

"Burn the kids for me?" I asked and now it was my turn to feel hurt, "No that's not what I meant," 

"I think it was what you meant," I said moving aside from him and walking away. I swear to god if Jean was there she was gonna get a rude awaking. "I'm just saying I was mad Sh'lera," Adam said following me. 

"Leave me alone Adam," 

"I love the kids it's just that I was mad about the thought of you two alone with no back-up, nothing." 

Yea I got where he was coming from, he stops me completely. "If you say Mason and you are friends that's great I can get use to that," 

"Good because I have to live with your freaking mate in our freaking apartment! Did you ever consider my feelings! You claim Mason and I drive you crazy what about you and Jean! I see you guys on the couch and want to burn her alive! You don't think that drives me crazy?" 

"She never caused us harm, pain, and a child." Adam whispered, "She caused me more than what you ever could think possible." 

"And what is that?" 

"A child," I seethed and pushed him away, "What?" 

"We've been having sex for a while and I know you haven't been putting on protection because you want to try again but I'm done. I don't think I have children ever again Adam, but your mate. Jean she can give you what you want so badly. I noticed how you look at me differently like I bother you in some way. I know it's because I lost our baby." I tried to stay strong but I was failing. 

"Sh'lera..." 

"No please just let this pain die down, I reopened the wound and now just let it heal all over again." I said backing away and changing directions and I mentally thanked the stars he wasn't following. I disappeared into the forest and cried, screamed, and curled into a ball and let my emotions run free. 

After a few hours, the moon was shinning bright. My senses were on edge, I rose and shifted. I needed to heal for good. I went for a run and made my rounds when I smelled a tantalizing scent.

I followed the luscious scent all the way to the boarder. 

I ducked in the bushes and saw a small family of humans, "Okay we are free but this is another pack, we get through this one we'll be safe and return to man's world once and for all." The father I assumed, 

I licked my teeth and my heart throbbed, I shook off the urge. "Okay let's find some shelter." I heard some miles away the kids coming to the woods to play with Noah and Roxy. I couldn't let them see these humans on a full moon. 

I shifted and fixed myself up some; I stepped from the bushes and approached the family. There was the man and wife and three kids, small kids like mine. I couldn't bring myself to kill these people. Was it wrong to wish they would attack me so I could kill them? 

"Who are you?" The man said holding a gun towards me and I smirked, okay I shouldn't smirk. I shook my head and assured him everything was okay. I heard a snap and then my kids came from the bushes as wolves and I hung my head in shame. 

"It's a trap!" The guy shouted everything broke out so quickly. Belle and Damien went for the family I yelled at them to stop and then the shot went off. I took one of the kids who bumped into me; the dad was killed and ravaged now by Damien who was lost in the trance. I was lost into seeing Belle, she was shot. 

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo