Prologue

Prologue

Sh'lera's POV (AKA Shay)

"Ouch,"

"Sorry Princess," She pleaded I nodded for her to go on since this was my big day. "Just think Leah this is it, the big day." I whispered as if saying it out loud it was end the whole event. She nodded as she kept tugging at the satin rope around my waist. 

I heard the soft material rub against the rough diamond studded gown I was wearing, from the waist down there were real crystals. From the waist up it was a black stain heart shaped sleeve-less top. The smooth satin felt cold against my skin. 

"Okay finished," She said looking relieved. My hands went down to pick up the front of my dress so I could step off the pedestal and spin around once or twice. I clapped my hands together at the sight. "Oh I love it Leah, you are a miracle worker." I commented on her when I turned around. She was sitting quietly on my bed smiling approvingly at me. 

"Now Princess I know I'm your maid but you must be careful tonight. It's a full moon and everyone will be in sight." She warned and I nodded. Leah my maid was like my mother after my real mother left. I went up and wrapped my arms around her frail little body. Moving back some so I can look into her eyes. 

Those brown eyes that seen more years than me, the wrinkles set deeply within her skin. Her cheeks had fallen but were picked up slightly when she averted her eyes and smiled. "Well we don't want to sit here and make you miss it." She said picking herself up and wiping away her tears. "Your mother would be proud." Her voice cracked some and I once again held her. 

When we finally broke apart I did one more look, and held Leah's hand. We left my room and walked down the stairs. In the entrance I see my father, Oh he was looking handsome and well. Once I stepped from the stairs I ran into my father's arms. 

He was the largest man I've ever seen, being 6 foot 290 pounds of muscle, and having a beard made him pretty intimidating. But growing up I've known him to be just a huge teddy bear. "Oh I'm so proud of you dear," His accent clear and loud. 

I hugged him tighter, but perked up and looked around alert. I smelled something good. "Come on daddy let's go outside," I begged he chuckled loudly while placing me down on the ground. I led him to the doors and walked into the warm summer night. 

"The full moon is approaching my king." A solider said, and we both nodded. "I'll be with the elders; your friends are down the ways." He said pointing in the opposite direction. "They have something special for you anyway." He winked and I hugged him before walking away. 

Once I rounded a cart that hasn't moved I dipped into the shadows and into the thick trees. When I smelled the burning wood and smoke, and heard the crackling fire, and soon after felt the warm heat of the fire I knew I was surrounded by my friends...Well-

Where was...everyone? I looked around, I circled the fire twice. I looked around the darkness, didn't see any movement there. Honestly I didn't see anything besides this fire. What's going on? When I realized that no was here, I walked back to the castle. Everyone was gone. I wasn't very happy about this. 

This was supposed to be my big day. I decided to finally go to my big bash. And that was a mistake because they weren't there either. I sighed and sat on the log for a second. It was the same fire, no one was around, and it wasn't a small it was a big huge bond fire. 

I threw the small stick I found on the ground and walked away, I gasped. 

A pair of strong arms circled around my waist, "SURPRISE!" Everyone came from the bushes cheering and laughing. I hid my face in embarrassment.

I was oozing with joy, "Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered. I couldn't wipe the smile from my lips. My cheeks began to hurt because I was smiling so crazy. Some strong arms came up behind me and his face nuzzled into my neck. The warm fuzzy feeling I get when he comes feels familiar. 

"Happy birthday Shay," Mason said in a whisper. He almost made me forget I had a mate to look for when the countdown began. His voice I knew came out as friendly but my wolf couldn't help herself and claimed his wolf was being seductive.

I let my head fall back against his neck and let him sway me side to side. "Pretty shocked huh?" I nodded. "I didn't think anyone was here when it was bustling with people not to long ago." 

He pushed me away slightly but held my hand and twirled me around. "Well if every kingdom has a beautiful and loving princess like you. The people would be easy to persuade as well." He said pulling me back into him. His hand pulled my back closer to him. His other hand stayed encased with mine on his chest. 

I laid my head on his chest as we danced to ourselves. We couldn't really get down because the Elders were here and we have to mind ourselves. "Nice dress," He said pulling away slightly so he could get a better look at me. "Thank you, you don't look bad yourself." I looked him over, nice black suit. 

We broke apart for two seconds to take some pictures before we were alone again. "Are you ready?" He asked more serious now. I nodded. "I won't lie I'm a little nervous," 

"Oh don't worry about those, meeting your mate is a good thing." He said leading me through the crowds of people and into a clearing where my father was beaming with joy. "Ah there she is, the guest of the hour!" He proclaims and the crowd goes nuts. 

"Let me start the countdown by saying, we as a pack will support you, love you, and never abandon you Sh'lera." He said holding my face lovingly. I shed a single tear as the crowd agrees. "And with that let's us begin!" He roars and soon leaves me alone in the circle. 

Okay, okay you got this, your merge with your wolf, find your mate, and live happily ever after. 

 **

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: This is my newest story and this is the reason why I've been absent from Wattpad for a few months, well more like 4, 5, going on 6 months now. But it's finally here! I hope you like Sh'lera! 

What are your thoughts if you have any?