Entry 2: Origin

I suppose, in order for this 'experiment' to have the capability of reaching its full effect, I should start from as far back as I possibly can. I was born Donnor Harlings Barron back in the April of 1991. Of course, having been born in the Spring required that I had to have been conceived in Summer, which is logical for reasons I'd prefer not to explain. I was a rather emaciated baby, weighing in at about 3 pounds and 14 ounces. I had been classified as significantly underweight, and I stayed that way for at least 25 years, if I must say so myself, but I didn't let a weight issue impede me on my path to the extended, distant horizon where my internal ambitions met reality. The jagged-edged fragments that composed those ambitions are intrinsic to understanding how I became the man I am today. 
  My parents hadn't necessarily introduced me to everything I was able to recognize in my limited, foolish perception. More so, they allowed me to introduce myself to it, and had a mix of expectations as to how I would cooperate with the boundaries they had set. I was allowed to exist and live and be under their loving care. And then there was the "as long as..." portion of the statement that followed.

  Although I am still a strong believer that the boys and girls at school I grew up with were primary constituents in the grand role of determining who I became as a person, I believe that I had always been a rule-follower by nature. Over a decade ago, in my early teen years, we would always encounter children in our family who were born to give their parents hell. Quite frankly, they succeeded in doing so, but the very first thing my parents made sure to say to me as soon as they were aware of my acknowledgement towards the devilish fiends, and that was, "you were never like that." They had perceived me, for some obscure, unintelligible reason, as a calm, easy-going, polite little boy.
  For this reason, they were scared to have another child. My beloved parents put the hopscotch principle of luck and chance over the factual principle of independent genetic assortment. They claimed that they would never have another child, simply for the fact that they could 'reasonably' predict that if they had another child, they'd harness a nature quite opposed and polar to mine. They were afraid they'd create a monster, and so they refrained from creating at all; thus, I lived my life as an only child. 
  Well, having been an only child in my lifetime, and having grown up in a neighborhood full of idiots and hooligans, there was no one very available to me to interact socially with other than adults. You see, when my father decided he wanted to move away from his parents and break free from their all-powerful jurisdiction, he moved himself to what was damn near another city. When my mother decided she wanted to move away from her parents and break free from their all-powerful jurisdiction, she moved herself a block down the road. They had overcome their obstacles in life and had finally evolved separately and evolved together to form a substantially functioning system of cooperating lives that could sustain itself for the rest of the time it chose to exist. They'd officially become adults, as did I at some inevitable point-- that inevitable point being the whole point upon which this story is based.
  Where there had not been opportunities to make friends at this point in my life, there were books. And so I had learned to read before I had entered Kindergarten. At this point, none of the problems I had encountered at this point were problems I had to learn how to fix, nor were they even able to be fixed, but the area where it all began plays a significant role when all is said and done.

~

To Whom it may Concern,
  I am completely unaware and unsure if you find this part of my life comparable to yours, nor am I sure if you find this portion of my life even relevant to this documentation or not, but I can assure you, this imbalance in the origin of my being that I have just described is the pillar that supports my entire tower of atrocity and short-term misfortune that unsteadily holds up the immensely thick tables of cement that call themselves the floors of life, and all of the furniture within each room supported by those floors. If there's one thing I've learned about that tower, it's that it will never fall as long as you're afraid that it will fall.
  I had a discussion with my students about this assignment and what directions they were taking it. Some were only doing it to pass the class, and others really cared about the people who maybe examining their document in the distant future. It nearly pains me that he who is reading this, or a document of the sort from any of my students, has only a fraction of my class to truly thank, rather than the class as an entirety. Granted, it is a learning experience for both my students and myself, and we had but a lack of preparation despite how imperative we found this process to be to the future generations. I fear that I am to blame for some students' lack of inspiration and motivation to put dedication, reality, and all-rounded livelihood into their documentation of the most difficult parts of their lives. I repeatedly tell them that this project is important because how we overcome the obstacles in our lives is what determines who we are as a person and as a working piece of the whole puzzle that is society, and that their information on how they handled past experiences could be something they could find useful in some of the hardest parts of their lives. All this time, I've thought that they just don't listen, but maybe I just don't convey it correctly.

  After all, I never learned how to explain this assignment in college...

Dearest Regards,

Dr. Don Barron