Lucas and I manged to have sex and him get out the door for work completely on time. I got a shower then woke Lucy up for school. Once I dropped her off I went to my new clients place to look things over. We discussed different designs and she finally settled one something she liked. I had two more clients to see and then after that I met Lucas back at his place. He picked Lucy up at school for me. When I got there something seemed off with Lucy. I walked into the kitchen to where Lucas was. 

"Hey." I said and he turned around to look at me. 

"Hey I didn't even hear you come in." he said giving me a quick kiss. 

"Something seems off with Lucy. Has she seemed okay to you?" I asked him.

"I thought the same thing and I asked her about but she said she was fine. 

"There is something up with her. You want to talk to her with me?" I asked him. 

"Yeah come on lest go." he said and together we walked out of the kitchen. 

Lucas and I walked out into the living room and Lucy was laying on the couch watching TV. Before doing anything I grabbed her backpack so that I didn't forget to go through it. I sat down beside her and Lucas sat on the other side of her. 

"Are you not feeling well baby?" I asked her and she looked at me. 

"I'm fine Mommy." she said then turned her attention back to the TV. 

"You don't seem fine." I said to her. 

"I promise I'm fine." she answered, 

I unzipped her backpack and took her school folder out. I was looking through the papers when I came across an envelope that had my and Lucas names on it. I began to open and realized it was a letter from her teacher. The letter read

Dear Miss Hart and Mr. Friar, 

This letter is to inform you that Lucy had to sit in at recess for arguing with another student and not listening to me when I told her to stop. There has been an on going issue it seems with this student for the past couple of weeks.  I wanted to inform you both of this issue. Please dont' hesitate to call me if you have anything questions,

.Thank you, 

Mrs. Hayes 

After reading the letter I handed it to Lucas and he read it over then handed it back to me. He shut the TV causing Lucy to look up at us. 

"Lucy Rae, what's going on at school? Mrs. Hayes sent us a letter that you had to stay in at recess." Lucas said in a stern voice. 

Lucy lifted her head up off the couch and she looked at us with sad eyes. "Daddy, Jacob is mean to me. All the time." she said and she was almost crying. 

"What do you mean he's mean to you?" I asked her. 

"He's always so mean. Today I just yelled at him back and I got in trouble because he told on me and said I was being mean." she replied to me. 

"What does he do to you?" Lucas asked with concern showing on his face. 

"Yeah Luce you need to tell Mommy and Daddy what's going on." I replied. 

"I was telling my best friend Sadie that me, you and Mommy have sleep overs and I told her how I happy I was. Then Jacob butted in and he said his Mommy and Daddy used to do that but now they don't anymore and that same thing would happen with you and Daddy." she said and my heart broke into a million pieces. "So I yelled at him and called him stupid then he told the teacher on me and I got in trouble." 

"Did he get in trouble too?" Lucas asked her. "And Munchkin what he said about me and your Mom is wrong. Mommy and I are going to be just fine. I promise." 

"No. Only I did, I didn't tell her what happened. He will just be mean to me more. He's always mean to me and Sadie on the playground." 

"Daddy's right what the boy said about us isn't true. If we ever thought that us having sleep overs wouldn't work out then we wouldn't do it for your sake. Mommy and Daddy love each other. Sometimes there are times where Mommy and Daddy's don't love each other anymore and that's what happened with Jacob's parents. It sounds to me like he might be a little jealous." 

"Well he is always mean to us on the playground too. He pushed me and Sadie the other day so I pushed him back." she said to me. "Am I in trouble for having to stay into recess." 

"No you aren't. I'm glad you told me and Mommy what was wrong. And Lucy if that ever happens again you come to us okay?" Lucas said as he picked her up and placed her on his lap. 

"Mommy will talk to Mrs. Hayes about this boy bullying you when I take you to school tomorrow. Daddy and I will make sure he doesn't bully you anymore. If he doesn't leave you alone you tell your teacher okay?" I said to her and she nodded at me. 

Lucas turned the TV back on and put Frozen on for her. Once she was settled in watching the movie we went back into the kitchen to continue making dinner.  

"If that boy doesn't leave her alone then the school and his parents are going to hear from me." said as he slammed a cup down on the counter. 

"I'm going to take care of it tomorrow. This is bullshit. My question is why is she the only one that's getting blamed and if the teacher knew this was an issue why didn't she contact us before this?" I said and I was just as angry as Lucas. 

"That was my next question. I think rather than talk to the teacher tomorrow we should set up a conference for after school so that I can be there. I can have Mom get her for us." Lucas suggested. 

"I was thinking about a conference too. I think I might give Sadie's Mom a call as well and see what she knows about the situation. " I replied. 

"Good idea. I just don't like that he is putting his hands on my daughter. It's going to end otherwise my anger side is going to come out and that won't be fucking pretty." Lucas said with anger showing in his voice. "I don't condone violence but I was so proud when she said that she shoved him back. She's got so much of you in her." 

"I hate to say it but I agree with you. We have to lay it in her head that she needs to tell a teacher next time he bullies her." I said to Lucas. 

"We'll get it figured out. I'm going to go cuddle with her while she watches the movie. I feel bad for her." Lucas replied. "I'll do that while you finish up dinner for us." 

"Sounds good." I said giving him a quick peck on the lips. 

After Lucas left the kitchen I put the Lasagna in the oven and then sat down to call Sadie's Mom. She answered on the first couple of rings. We talked for about 30 minutes about the entire situation. She told me that Sadie has told her about some of it and that she was also getting fed up with this kid and planned to talk to the teacher as well. I was glad that we were both on the same page with everything and told her I'd keep her updated on the situation. After we hung up I put the garlic bread on which didn't take long. Once dinner was done we all sat down and ate together. Lucy seemed to be a lot better. Lucas told me he had a good talk with her and that she understood to tell her teacher next time this boy bullied her. She also knew that Daddy and I were going to fix everything. The one thing that I love about Lucas is that he's the most understanding protective father ever and we are always are on the same page when it comes Lucy and what is best for her. I'm so thankful for that because it makes things a lot easier. The rest of the night was spent playing games and watching movies. It was a fun family night and I can't wait to have more in the future.