Chapter 7

Maya POV

Lucas sat there looking at the ultrasound picture and I watched as his facial expression changed. He kind of looked disappointed but I didn't want to say anything. He placed the ultrasound picture down beside him then looked over at Lucy who was swimming then back at me. 

"You know seeing that made me think back to when you were pregnant with Lucy." he said to me and I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yeah I was telling Riley today that I can't believe she''ll be 7 soon." I replied. 

"You know that a part of me was hoping this ultrasound was yours?" he said to me as he picked up the picture to look at it again. 

"Why's that?" I curiously asked him. 

"I don't know. It just brought me back to the memories of Luce being in your belly." he answered. 

I looked over at Riley who was giving me a look. I know she wanted me to tell him it was just trying to figure out how. I grabbed the ultrasound picture out of his hands and sighed. 

"It's not Riley's." I said to him and he looked at me. 

"What do you mean?" he asked me. 

"It's mine." I answered. 

"Is the baby mine?" he asked and started to jump up off the lounge chair but Riley stopped me. 

"Yes, you jackass!" I all but spat at him.

"Mommy? Whats wrong?" Lucy said and then Riley jumped to the rescue. 

"Come with Aunt Riley. We're going to go jump on the trampoline." she said as she took Lucy away before I could answer. 

Once Lucy was out of ear shot Lucas turned to look at me and I could tell he was mad. 

"Why would you lie to me like that?" he said with anger showing through his voice. 

"Because I didn't know how you were going to react and I wasn't ready to fucking tell you yet. You'll get ideas in your head and all this other shit that I don't want to deal with." I replied. "And how dare you ask if its yours! Who else do you think I'm sleeping with?"

"When are you due?" he asked and I could tell he was starting to calm down now.

"March 24th." I answered.

"And you're absolutely sure it's mine?"

"I'd ring your neck right now but your daughter being just a little ways over there I'm going to have to not do that. Yes, it is 110% your baby. I know exactly when it was conceived. It was the night we used the pull out method." 

"Yeah that was your genius idea." he replied. 

"Give me a break! It's not like you were complaining." I shot back at him. 

I stood up from the lounge chair and walked into the kitchen to get a drink. Lucas followed me inside and stood against the counter. 

"Why were you so scared to tell me?" he said to me and I could tell he was a bit upset over it. 

"You want to have a relationship with me so bad and yet I'm so scared of Lucy getting hurt. I didn't want you to think this should be a reason for us to be together." I replied.