Chapter 14

A/N: I am going to do a time jump so we can move Maya's pregnancy along a little bit.  This chapter is going to be longer than the others as well. It's over 2K words. The next update is going to be a Halloween filled chapter. I know I'm a day late on it but I'm still going to do it.

Maya POV

Today marks week 20 of my pregnancy and it's also Halloween. I have a baby doctor appointment today and we will hopefully be finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Lucas and I very excited for this appointment. We discussed it and decided that we want Lucy to to be there as well. When we told her should come with us she got really excited. Lucas was going to meet up with us at the doctors office. Once I got myself around I made Lucy get a bath and while she played in the tub I went into her room to grab her a cute outfit as well as grab her Halloween costume. I was really looking forward to today since I'd be spending most of it with Lucas. After my appointment we were going to bring Lucy home and get her around for Trick or Treating. We found a costume that she fell in love with and it was a black/pink cat dress costume and I of course bought it for her because I thought it was adorable. After getting her out of the tub, I got her dressed and put her hair in a pony tail then off we went to my appointment. Lucas and I arrived at the same time. 

"Daddy!!" Lucy said excitedly as she took off running towards her dad. 

"Hi Munckin." he said as she walked up to him. 

"Carry me" she said as she put her arms up. 

Lucas picked her up and walked over to me. I looked up at him and grinned "She's got you wrapped. Hopefully the smol bean in my belly will be all about Mommy when he or she is born." I chuckled. 

Lucas, Lucy, and I made our way inside. I checked in and it wasn't long before we were called back to the room. Dr. Jones walked into the room about 5 minutes later. I really loved her and have had her as an OBGYN for awhile.

"Good afternon, Maya. How are you feeling today?" she asked me as she sat down on the stool.

"I'm doing great!" I replied with a smile. 

"Your blood work looks perfect.  I'm going to do an internal exam on you and then we will do the ultrasound. " she replied. 

Lucas stepped outside of the room while Dr. Jones did the internal exam. She said everything seemed to be good. Once she was done with that Lucas and Lucy came back into the room. They both stood up by my head. Dr. Jones took the gel and rubbed it on my belly which was really starting to get big. After shutting off the lights she walked back over and sat down on her stool. She took the knob and began to rub it on my stomach. A few seconds later the baby's heartbeat sounded in the room. Lucas looked at me and smiled and I looked back at him.

"Lucy, that's your brother or sisters heartbeat." Lucas explained as he picked up Lucy and walked over to me.

"Whoa that's cool." she said excitedly. 

"There are the baby's hands and feet." Dr Jones said as she pointed at the screen. "From what I can see everything looks good. The baby is growing as it should. Do you guys still want to know the sex? I know we tried to look last time but the baby didn't cooperate?" 

"Yes, Lucas and I would love to know if we are having a boy or a girl." I answered. 

"You ready munchkin? You're going to find out if you are having a brother or sister." Lucas said to Lucy. 

"Yes! I hope it's a baby sister." she said excitedly. 

Dr. Jones took the knob and began to move it again. Her face turned up into a smile and she looked over at me and Lucas "Congratulations you are having a boy." she said to me.