Barrels Out of Bond II

"Now, Caleniel, what did you plan?"

"Well..."

(Bre's POV)

I sat up, yawning and waking from my sleep. I looked around for Caleniel, but she hadn't returned yet. I saw Legolas glaring at Kili's cell from the level above, and Tauriel walked away with a wide smile. She disappeared down the hall, and Legolas walked away.

There was a long moment of silence as I walked toward my prison door. "Kili."

"What charm I have." Kili let out a small laugh. "How unfortunate for her that my heart cannot belong to her entirely." He looked at me.

I raised a brow. "What are you going on about?"

"What indeed," Thorin asked from across our prison. "Are you charming that Elf maid for nothing more than to free us?"

Kili stayed silent. I let out a small laugh and waved to Thorin. Thorin simply raised a hand to me to show awknowledgement.

"It be best if we start shutting our eyes," Bofur called. "It's getting dark."

"We're never gonna reach the mountain, are we," Ori asked.

"Not stuck in here you're not." Bilbo held up the keys in front of Thorin's cell.

I grinned widely. "Bilbo."

"Bilbo!" Balin pressed himself against his prison door.

"Our hobbit!" Fili smiled.

"Shhh!" Bilbo frowned. "There are guards nearby." He began openning our prison cells.

We all lined up and Thorin began to lead us.

"No. That way! That way!" Bilbo ran down the stairs, and we followed him. We followed him down a staircase. He paused as we entered a hall with three other pathways. He placed a finger on his chin and looked at all three halls.

Thorin frowned. "Have you forgotten the way out?"

"I know the way." Bilbo looked down all three and choose the one on the left. "This way. Come on. Quickly." We reached a bridge that was actually a tree root downward to a stone tunnel. We entered what looked like a wine cellar with much wine and wooden furniture.

I stared at the sleeping Elves with wide eyes.

"It's all right," Caleniel whispered as she stepped forward. "You must all be quick."

Bilbo nodded. "This way," he whisper-yelled, gesturing with one finger for us to follow him. "Come on, quickly!" 

Kili turned around with crashed brows. "We're in the cellars!"

"You're supposed to be leading us out not further in!" Bofur looked at Bilbo with furrowed brows as he walked past Bilbo.

"Just listen to him." Caleniel walked to the other side of the room. "This is the quickest way."

"I know what I'm doing!" Bilbo's brows crashed.

Bofur frowned. "Shh!" He held one finger over his lips.

"Go this way! This way!"  Bilbo gestured for us to go to some barrels. "Quickly, hide! Into the barrels, quickly!"

Thorin turned to Caleniel. "Where have you been? I thought you were to reason with the king. You never returned."

"I was moved to another cellar," Caleniel said. "I freed myself and shall explain the rest later. We must leave."

I raised a brow, turning away from Caleniel to the hobbit.