I take a deep breath before walking out of his room. He was in the living room and looked at me with a smile. I walk toward him and wrap my arms around his waist and pull him in a hug. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

"I'll leave you guys to it," I heard Lilly say.

I pull away and look at her. "I thought you already left."

"I didn't."

I look at Edward. "So who did you tell you were seeing later?"

"My neighbor," he said. "He asked me to help him with someone about his car so I helped him out."

I pull away and run my hand through my hair. "Okay, well. I'm tired so I guess I'll go lay down in bed with Mia."

"Are you okay?" He asked me concerned. "You look a little pale, are you feeling okay? How has she been feeling?" He asked Lilly.

"I'm fine," I said. "I just need some rest, I've had a very... Exhausting day." I see Lilly from the corner of my eye roll her eyes and then smile at Edward. "Good night," I said as I walked back to Edward's room and closed the door behind me.

I lean against it and listen to what's happening outside.

"Has she been feeling well?" He asked her again.

"She's fine, I guess she's just bored," she said. "For a girl like her, you must know she's looking for something to do other than sit here with a baby."

"She loves that baby," he said.

"Yeah but to what extent?" There's some movement and then she says, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I lock the door and walk toward my purse to get my phone. I dial James number quickly at the same time I'm listening to what Edward is doing on the other side of the door. James answers quickly.

"I won't babysit, if that's why you called."

"We have a problem," I whispered to the phone. "I think Lilly is not who we think she is."

"Why are you whispering?"

"Because Edward is in the living room right now," I mutter. "Listen to me, I think she's hiding something."

"Why can't you just be friends with someone and not suspect they are plotting something against you?"

"There is a reason why I feel this way, James," I snapped. "It's a bit weird that her attitude around me is starting to change, she treats me like a criminal. She also said something that left me thinking."

"What did she say?" He asked.

"She said I only had a few weeks before the medicine I'm taking stops working," I explained. "Why would she said that? How does she know that?"

"Maybe she was just bluffing?"

"Maybe not. That's the point we don't know." I pause and take a deep breath. "You need to help me, James. I need that cure before her bluffing turns into a lucky guess and I die in my sleep."

"I'm doing everything I can."

I sigh, covering my face with my hands. "I hope I'm wrong, James. I really do but it's just so weird and complicated... I don't want to die."

"I know you don't," he said. "Look, take deep breaths and rest for a bit. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod. "Okay. Bye." I hang up and sigh.

Instead of sleeping, I decided to go out and talk to Edward. When I walk out of the room again, I see him looking down at his plant. That's when I realize the plant is dead. I gasp just looking at it, coffee didn't do that, did it? At least not if the coffee had something else.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"I don't know, it was fine this morning," he said as he touched the dead leaves. "It's weird. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, just tired," I said. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Of course."

I take a deep breath. "Well, first of all, I'm very thankful for your sister's help with Mia and everything but... I think I can manage on my own."

"What?" He stepped forward. "Bella, she isn't here just to babysit you, she's here in case of a emergency."

"I know," I said. "But, she has better things to do and I feel bad having her stuck here with a sick woman and a crying baby."

"She likes to help out," he insisted.

"Edward," I sighed. "Please. Look, give me tomorrow to prove it to you. I don't need her looking after me nine hours a day. I can totally manage. Just give me tomorrow and if I can't pull it off then I'll apologize to her and she can come back."

He closed his eyes and sighed. "Promise me you'll call me every hour to keep me updated on how things are going."

I raise my right hand. "I promise."

"And you'll stay here and not leave I until I come home."

"I promise."

"And to call me when an emergency happens."

"Edward," I chuckled. "I'll be fine."

He nodded. "I don't like this idea but I guess I don't have any other choice. If something wrong happens, I'll tell Lilly to come right back, am I clear?"

"As clear as water," I said. "Thank you."

He walks up to me and kisses my forehead. "No problem, Love. I'll go call her to let her know."

I nod, smiling at him. He walks away to his office and closes the door behind him. I let out a deep breath once I'm alone, that was easier than what I thought. At least I'll have tomorrow to think things through without her breathing down my neck.

I look at the dead plant and bite my lip. If I drank that damn coffee, I'm sure that would have been me right now. I run my hands through my hair and walk back to the room to check up on Mia.

Author's Note:

Here's a little insight of Bella's mind now that she's back.

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324