the boy| parents and booty calls

Start from the beginning

Dad hovers, rubbing my back, ❝You okay sweetie?❞ He asks soothingly. Nodding my head slowly I excuse myself and make my way to bathroom. Gripping tightly onto the granite counter I looked at my distressed appearance. I really need to sleep. You would think by the slight bags under my eyes and the soulless look  in them that I hadn't slept in forever. I guess the stress is finally catching up to me. A knock on the door jump me out of my thoughts and I reached over, opening the door to see my concerned brother, arms folded and a look that said it all. 

spill

❝I kissed a guy that wasn't my boyfriend, after he told me my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I found out he was cheating on me with his ex girlfriend, but he's mad because he knows I kissed another guy and I don't know whether to be upset or sad but now I'm just hungry❞ I mutter out a cry. I missed my bed and my legs were killing me, for reasons I wasn't going to explain to my brother.His hands shoutout and pulled me into a tight hug. ❝Jules-❞

❝You can't tell mum or dad❞ I choked out, gripping tightly onto his shirt. Alex stiffed when he heard me, pulling back slightly with furrowed brows and shook his head, ❝I, I can't do that Ju-❞

❝Please don't say anything. Once I feel comfortable telling them then I will, just not now.❞ Nodding his head understandably, he pulled away fully and offered a small smile before ruffling my hair.

Flashing him a small smile in return, we made our way back to the kitchen, Alex following behind me at a distance but disappeared some moments later. As soon as I found my way into the kitchen dad rounded the corner with a frown on his face.

Dad's soothing back massage stops and he looks at me happily, ❝How've you been my little angel? ❞  I shake my head in response and his head snaps in Alex's direction, then back at me. 

❝Julie I already told him. I'm sorry but I know you and I know you'd never tell him. I know you hate me but as your brother I gotta protect my baby sis.❞ Alexander spoke as he walked passed our very confused and pissed parents.

❝Dad, before you even say anything just know that Aiden and I were fighting, and broke up when I left home and Julian and I went for a drive but we didn't kiss- not exactly. Ugh, I feel like I let my emotions get the best of me.❞ An exasperated sigh escapes my lips and I rest my head on his shoulder, his arms instinctively wrapping around me. ❝It's okay darling. Well not completely okay, but you'll be fine once you handle everything properly.❞

Nodding my head as I raise it, he offers a pat on the back. ❝Okay kiddo, let's get some breakfast in you.❞ The sound of pot clanging and water running fills my ears, as all the hullabaloo ceases, and all I can do is inhale the scent of flour and buttermilk. His laughter bubbles within his chest sending vibrations through my nose, which was implanted within his shirt. ❝Like what you smell?❞

❝YUP,❞ I say, popping the 'p', ❝ and I'm smelling pancakes.❞ He patted my back, directing my body towards the kitchen where mum was, already fixing up my plate.

❝Thank you,❞ I sighed happily taking the plate and planting a kiss on her cheek in which she smiled in return and kissed my hair.

❝No problema jellybean❞ I instantly looked at her wide eyes, looking around her then right at her face. She was out of bed. She was smiling. I quickly move towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist slightly as I pecked her cheek, letting out a soft sigh. ❝Hi mum. ❞

❝When did you start getting out of bed and cooking again? Why didn't you call me ma? You're not using the couch anymore !❞ I grinned, poking her sides as I pulled away from the hug slowly looking at her with a wide grin. Two week ago mum went jogging at the crack of dawn like she usually would, but some dude in a car freaked her out, so she sprinted home, and on her way up the stair she sprained her ankle. The recovery was the most painful I'd seen her in, well, via FaceTime. I hadn't been able to visit since I moved into Aiden's apartment and I completely regret it.  I missed everyone so much.

❝Well after all the arm aches and it rubbing me the wrong way, literally. I decided that after the first month I wouldn't depend on it because it wasn't always going to be there, ya know.❞ she shrugged, cleaning off the counter and carrying the dirty dishes to the sink.

❝Oh ma, I'm glad you're walking around a bit better tho.❞ I giggle, and continue swiping my finger across the plate and sticking my maple syrup finger into my mouth without any dripping.

❝Julie!❞  Alex yelled from the living room, ❝Sawyer is calling your phone❞ Furrowing my brows, looking over at mum, I quickly rush into the dinning area looking for my brother. ❝Wait is this Sawyer Sawyer? As in the boy next door.❞ He quietly mumbled, wiggling his eyebrows at me as I stalked over to him, my eyes widening at the sound of Sawyer's name, ❝or just one of your random booty calls.❞ he joked, causing both my parents to look over at me with their judge-y expressions.

❝Very funny Alexander, that's something you will never know about❞, I shot back.

❝Should I answer it?❞ He grinned wickedly waving the phone in his hand, his thumb hovering dangerously close to the answer button.

oh crap.