"I can," I mumbled against his lips that felt swollen already.

I felt his smirk through the kiss.

***

It had been nearly 45 minutes since we arrived sneakily at my house. Kissing Evan for 25 of those minutes was totally worth it- but I cursed myself when I realized I still had to finish packing. Evan helped me fold some shirts and threw them into my tote bag. We were rushing now, realizing we shouldn't have been here for more than 20 minutes because that'd increase our chances of getting caught. At this point, I was frantically shoving clothes into my bag and I had managed to tangle up some bras with my underwear.

"Fuck," I cursed quietly, ripping them apart.

"You better hurry," Evan said but it was like he spoke too soon.

My door burst open and a disheveled looking Aunt stood with a tight grasp on the door knob.

"Peyton Hills," she spoke sternly and I froze in my spot by the closet as Evan awkwardly sat down on my bed. I was in complete, absolute shock and I felt my hands limply fall to my sides.

"Aunt Sharon," I mumbled back, feeling my tongue become dry and my throat get tight.

She was beat red in anger and the vein pulsing on her forehead seemed really distressed. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen and at this second, I think I could've thrown up in my own mouth from fright. She took a firm step towards me and her piercing voice rang in my ears. I mentally prepared myself for whatever was about to hit me.

"Where the hell have you been," she screamed. "You terrible girl! You've gotten us worried sick!"

Her once angry voice became shaky as her eyes watered in pain.

"You know how long you've been gone for? The police have been looking for you! We filed a missing report and you suddenly appear through the door of this house?" she hollered, her voice making my ears ring.

My eyes watered as I quietly choked out, "Aunt-"

"Don't you dare interrupt me! You have the decency to commit a fraud and act as if you were me calling your own school? How dumb do you think that is, Peyton? I am worried sick, and I'm completely disappointed in you, do you understand that?" she yelled, stepping closer to me with every word.

"Aunt please-" I began but her index finger harshly crashed into my chest.

"Don't you dare. Don't you fucking dare with me Peyton, I am completely appauled with your immature behaviour! Who is this?" she pointed angrily at Evan.

"Evan. I'm Evan Shepards, I'm Peyton's boyfriend- I'm really sorry we had to meet this way but-" my aunt quickly interrupted Evan as she pointed to the door.

"Get out my house this instant."

"Aunt-"

"Get out!" she cried and Evan stood up, looking hesitantly at me.

I gritted my teeth together in anger and shoved my Aunt's hand away from my chest. I ran to Evan and grabbed onto his hand, feeling my eyes water.

"He's not going anywhere!" I shouted, feeling a rush of adrenaline.

"He doesn't belong here! Not at this time Peyton! You're in mighty trouble and you think I'll allow this piece of- just get him out Peyton. I don't want you speaking with anyone until I deal with you!"

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" I cried.

"I am your guardian!" she fought back, looking shocked by my words.