Chapter #26

Chapter #26: New Jersey, New York, Then New Jersey Again... Road Trip?

***

"Hello this is Sharon, the current guardian of Peyton Hills. She will not be attending school for the next 4 days due to an illness. She will be at Jersey Hospital, approximately 3 hours away from New York. Thank you!"

I clicked the 'end' button on the telephone and let out a huge breath of relief as Evan burst into laughter.

"I can't... believe you just... did that! Your... accent!" Evan bellowed, his laughter sounding like music to my ears- as cliche as that sounds.

"Hey, that was an amazing accent!" I retorted, slapping his shoulder playfully as I leaned back into the booth of the Pizza Shop.

I grinned, taking another bite out of my second pizza slice.

Now you're probably wondering what just happened, right? Well... lets just rewind.

*45 minutes earlier*

"Okay today's Monday. We'll go home, pack our things then come back to New Jersey. We'll get a hotel room then stay for the night. Tuesday we'll go to my old school and we'll meet my friends. We'll go to a party or something then back to the hotel. Wednesday we'll go to the beach and we'll be back home and at school by Thursday morning. Sounds good?" I asked Evan as I took a bite out of my pizza.

We had just arrived at the New Jersey Pizza Shop- one of my favorite resteraunts from home. Evan was more excited to eat than I was. We probably looked like weirdos, considering Evan was still wearing his tuxedo pants and bow tie. He took off his blazer and was now wearing just his muscle tee with the adorable white bow tie still wrapped around his neck, like a collar. He looked ridiculous- like he had no sense of fashion- but it was cute. He looks extremely perplexed.

"Sounds great. I'm excited babe," he replied, and I smiled.

"Good."

I took another big bite out of my fresh, warm pizza and outstretched my hand as the cheese dragged from my teeth and the pizza. My eyes crossed as I stared at the outstretched piece of cheese that didn't want to leave the pizza slice. I was beginning to drool, as I struggled to bite the pizza.

"Welp!" I choked pathetically, trying to hold back my giggles.

Evan let out a small chuckle and pushed his chair towards the table, across from me. He placed his elbows on the tables and slowly brought his lips to mine. Very teasingly, his teeth grazed along the bottom of my lip and he gently bit down on the cheese, tearing it away from the pizza and taking it from my mouth. I fought the urge to let out a moan at the proximity of our lips and challenged to take the piece of warm melted cheese from his grasp but his teeth managed to rip it away and he smirked at his successful cheese-stealing skills.

After I managed to swallow the dough, I shouted teasingly, "Evan! You just stole the cheese right out of my mouth!"

Evan smirked, "Well you asked for help."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, taking another big bite from my pizza.

"This pizza is fucking delicious," Evan commented, a few minutes later.

I nodded, moaning in delight as the warm pizza crust made my tastebuds sizzle in happiness.

"So how are we gonna stay here without getting in a whole bunch of shit?" he asked.

I groaned, realizing that I can't just forget about everything I left unfinished in New York. I leaned back into the booth, wiping my fingers on the napkin.