《V》Sleepless

Soft snores were heard on the couch behind you. You were sitting on the floor with your back rested upon the front of the couch; you were doing party work, seeing which guests to invite this time based on their potential for the fundraiser.

V was lying on the couch, taking a nap while you were wide awake and silently tapping on the keyboard of your laptop. You looked at the time in the bottom right of the screen; 2:46 a.m.

You've officially been awake for 36 hours, no naps in between.

It could be all the stress you've been feeling about the party or the fact that this was the fourth year you've been with V and were finally asking him to marry you at the party.

You eyed the vase that you hid the engagement ring in and smiled. Life was good and content except for your sleep issues.

A soft yawn was heard behind you and you turned your head to see V slowly sitting up from the couch. He sweetly smiled at you and kissed the back of your head.

"What are you doing still up?" He asked, spying your laptop and the invitation cards spread out around you. "Still working, huh?"

You nodded and a yawn escaped your mouth. You've been tired but every time you were to lay down you would suddenly be wide awake.

"Let me put you to bed. I'll warm up some milk and tuck you in." V stood up and took your hand.

"V, honey, it's fine." You smiled back at him. "I just need to get some of this stuff done."

"The party isn't for another two weeks. And I know you've been staying up for quite some time." His voice was soft in your ears as he pulled you up from the floor. "We can work on it later today, together."

"Alright, if you insist." You saved what you had worked on and closed your laptop before setting it onto the coffee table.

V led you upstairs and to your shared bedroom before tucking you and making you had fallen asleep before he had.