*8-A Bile Taste

Newly Edited

Derek

I stepped outside the hospital double dollars and released a deep breath. I didn’t know I was holding on until now.

I looked around, my fists clenched. I couldn’t bear it. Not again. Every time I looked at Gracie I saw her.

My body shook with rage, the animal in me roaring to life. I wanted to hit someone, anything that would make me forget about the both of them. 

An image of Gracie lying on the stretcher flashed before me but slowly turned to her face, her body, limp and cold, bloody and lifeless.

I shook my head; I can’t do this, not again. I can’t be around Gracie, not right now.

With that thought in mind, I took off towards the woods.

....

Garret

I stood outside her room, looking in. she laid peaceful and beautiful. Sleeping, her face calm yet her brows drawn together. The little frown looked so cute on her it made my heartache.

My mind shot to the last time I saw that frown on her face. She wasn’t asleep or nearly as calm. In fact she was just like a storm brewing. I remembered the way her tiny fists we clenched, like now, like last night.

I took a deep breath and looked around, the nurse on shift winked at me from her desk. I just belatedly waved my hand at her.

She frowned, I looked away.

She was probably wondering why I was acting like this.

Her name was Laura and we happen to know each other intimately. We had played patient and nurse more than once.

I winced at the thought. Wow, no wonder Gracie didn’t want me back, I knew almost every woman in town.

Like Laura for instance, we were fuck buddies. I remember taking her against the wall in the janitor’s closet across the hall from Gracie’s room.

I winced again at the thought.

I’m also very intimate with the three of the female doctors and nurses in this hospital, damn, I wish Gracie never has a conversation about me to any of these women. If she did, I would be totally screwed.

Doctor Sheppard, one of the female doctors and I met at the grocery store. I staged a little accident that allowed me to meet her.

By the end of that day, I had her naked and bent over her desk.

 I also met Hannah and Kiki, the clerk and the manager on that same day at the grocery store. Needless to say I didn’t get much sleep that night.

The memory left a nasty taste in my mouth, just think about it.

-Cassie