*4-She's back

Newly Edited

The ringing of my phone woke me up from my nightmare. I jolted up and snatched it from the bed side table. It was my mom.

“Mom, is everything ok?” I asked panicked.

“Gracie, yes things are the same here, they settled James into a private room with security and they are letting me stay with him but I just called to remind you that the restaurant opens for lunch today and it’s particularly busy during lunch time, could you go over there and close up properly. Tell the employees we are closing for the time being.” My mom said.

I breathed a sigh of relief, thank god it wasn’t daddy. I nodded then looked around me. Where was I? I didn’t recognize this place? I looked down on myself; at least I still had my clothes on. I pulled the blanket off me and sat up. Looking around more I noticed it was a little messy; the room was dark, with the morning light coming in through the drapes. The covers on the bed were a dark green and black. There was a laptop on the desk across from the bed and a few shirts hanging around the room. A pair of jeans hanged from the chair on the far side of the room and there was a picture of me Wes, and Luke on the drawer.

We were all smiling. Me in the middle, it was taken the summer before shit hit the fan. Both their arms were around me and the looks in our eyes were priceless. We were all so happy and carefree.

It came to me then that this must be Wes’s place.

“Gracie, sweetheart are you still there?” my mother’s voice brought me out of my trip down memory lane.  I realized I nodded and that she wasn’t here so she could see me.

“Yeah mom, am here, yes I got it I will go do that”. I told her.

My head hurt, actually my whole body hurt. I still felt dizzy and my limbs ached. I remembered going for a run late last night. It was after Wes and Luke brought me here. I woke up hot and sweaty from a nightmare and I figured the cool air on my fur would help. I sneaked out of Wes’s window; I didn’t want to wake him he looked so tired on the couch.

I hanged up with my mom and climbed out of bed.

After a quick shower I checked my phone. I had a couple of emails and texts from my office but they would have to wait. I made my way out of the bedroom and saw Wes’s sleeping form on the couch. He wore only sweat pants and was sprawled all over the place. I smiled to myself shaking my head. He had always been like that’s. He could never just sleep on one side of the bed like Luke or I. he claimed his long limbs shouldn’t be contain even when he slept. And long limbs did he have. Wes had always been a tall well built boy but it looked like grew the last couple of years. His legs hung off the end of the couch and one of his arms was on the coffee table.

I made my way to the kitchen, and made some a quick breakfast. I ate mine and drank a hot cup of coffee with it. I instantly felt better and less dizzy.  The warm liquid made its way down my throat and woke me up.

I then wrote Wes a note since Luke was nowhere to be found and made my way to the restaurant.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

It was when I was on the corner of the restaurant that I listened to the forgotten voice mail. It was from my parent’s insurance company telling me they were sorry but they couldn’t cover the full medical bill.

I clenched my fists together and suppressed the urge to call them back and curse them out.

I stood there on the corner of the street looking at the place I grew up. Not a lot of things changed but it felt different.

As I made my way to the restaurant, I noticed people were milling in and out of it. Mom was right it was busy.

When I opened the door walked inside everyone stopped what they were doing. I froze too; I didn’t know what to do or how to act. Most of these people I haven’t seen for five years. The place was super crowded which made it even more awkward. I noticed a couple of familiar faces like Ms. Hobbs sweet looking face as she stood at the cash register stunned and staring at me and then her face broke into that sweet welcoming smile she used to give me all the time.

I tried to return the gesture but I couldn’t.

In the center of the restaurant where the “Girlfriends table” used to be, Lindsey Wells sat with Payton Clifford laughing until she looked in my direction. A look of pure hatred spread across Lindsey’s face which took me by surprise, what the hell was her problem?

At the other end of the booths sat Luke with the town sheriff they were in an intense conversation that stopped when they noticed me. A group of teenage boys and girls who were talking and playing around rather loudly also stopped then they turned to each other and started whispering.

Then all of the sudden my gaze landed on the two guys sitting on the far corner of the booths by themselves, they looked isolated on purpose and they gave off an air of danger. I knew instantly who they were. There weren’t many guys who sat alone and didn’t interact with anyone else and everyone in town knew that including me. I might have been gone for five years but to my mind’s dismay I still haven’t forgotten the two men who with their heated glances and sensual looks could make any woman notice them a mile away.

It was Derek who looked up first, as if he sensed my gaze on him. He still looked dangerous and off limits. But there was something in his gaze when our eyes connected. He stared and I felt my whole body heat up. I was disgusted with myself for reacting that way but I couldn’t help it. He looked his fill, starting with my legs first and slowly gliding up. His eyes lingered on my hips but not before he raised his brow at my short hip hugging skirt that showed off my well toned legs. They better look good; I didn’t do all that running for no reason.

Then his eyes continued their journey, heating me up. Everywhere his gaze landed I felt like he was grazing my over heated body with an ice cube.

Then he nudged Garret under the table, the gesture was supposed to be subtle but I noticed. He was watching me like a predator; it only made sense I too was attuned to his every move.

Garret jerked and looked up. Then something I never thought would happen happened: His face broke out in a broad I am on top of the world smile.

I was taken aback by the gesture, what the hell, what was that about? Why was he so happy? To see me? I doubt it.

Where Derek’s gaze started with my legs and up, Garret’s started with my face and down.

Garret Mathews looked the same as always, like a golden boy player. It’s good to see something’s never change.

I shook myself out of my haze and continued on to the back of the restaurant. I wasn’t really looking forward to kicking all these people out of here but I was looking forward to a nice along hot bath to ease my aching limbs.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

dont forget to vote!!! and comment!!!!