Chapter Nine

This chapter is dedicated to torinell. Thanks for your support hun' *muah*

"So, here, it is said that chemical elements form the foundational components of what creates matter and materials." He rattled on and on while I stared at him all the while. You know, I'm not one for boosting people's egos. Especially if they are of the male category, so I did it subtly. He really was cute, in a rough kind of way.

"Are you even listening?" I blinked. Uh oh. He smirked. "Don't tell me..." I glared at him so hard that if my eyes were guns, he'd be pieces of flesh by now. "Don't you dare finish that sentence." His eyes widened, then he squinted at me.

"Are you normally this scary?" He said with a small frown. I rolled my eyes.
"But seriously, have you been listening? 'Cause if you haven't then how do you intend on judging correctly?" He asked. Suddenly he closed the textbook with a thud. I frowned slightly. "Why are you closing the textbook? And standing? And grabbing my arm? And-"

"You ask too many questions!" I grumbled as he pulled me out of my chair and dragged me out the door. I have to admit, i feel a little sleepy. Well, not because he was boring but because I was too busy staring at his features, and let me tell you, staring is a very exhausting activity, especially if you're trying not to get caught.

Presently, we're standing in the school field. I smiled as I recalled a certain event that took place here. I looked at him to discover he was smiling too. Guess I'm not the only one who remembered huh?
"So..." He started. "We're... I mean you're going to run round this field five times." I raised both my brows and widened my eyes in shock. "What?"

"You heard me. It seems like you're sleepy so you need to do something that'll keep you awake."
"And running round the field is at the top of your Things-To-Make-Dani-Stay-Awake List?" He chucked lightly and stared at me from head to toe. Wait a minute, was he...checking..me out?

What the-

"Plus, you look like you really need the exercise." My eyes widened. Oh my God, he's got some nerve calling me..fat.
"Wait a second, you're insinuating that I'm...fat?" I almost screeched out the last part. His eyes darted from left to right as if confused on the next action to take. "Uhh..yeah?" He said uncertainly. I rose my hand to smack him on the head and he ducked and ran.

I ran after him and that, ladies and gentlemen is how we ended up running round the field about ten times. By the time we were through, I was out of breath. I collapsed on the grass and collected my breath and let me tell you, I did smack him at the end of the race so it was worth it. Serves him right for calling me fat. I don't know if he hasn't heard that you don't call a lady fat.

Or maybe...."Wait a second, did you say that just to make me run?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He shook his head innocently and tried to stop the smile from spreading unto his face and failing miserably. It made me wonder why he was so grumpy that day we met. He seemed so carefree and human right now.

"Why were you so grumpy the first day we met? You seem like an okay enough human being." I teased but the smile wiped off of his face. It was replaced with look of...was it sadness? I almost regretted asking the question. Almost. "I...I.." He started saying, but nothing came out of his mouth. The look on his face broke my heart. "You know, you don't have to tell me anything, I totally understand." He nodded and forced a fake smile onto his face. We settled into a comfortable silence.

"So...are you ready for another round of chemistry?" He asked enthusiastically trying to brighten up my mood. I scoffed. "As if I could ever be ready for chemistry. I just do it because it is something I have to do." He stood up and gave me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up. "Hmm...you are so.." He trailed off. I glared at him, daring him to complete his sentence. He cleared his throat. "...light." He completed with a scared look on his face. I laughed out loud and slapped his back. "Let's go."