Chapter Five

"Boo!"

I jumped a good five foot from where i was standing, my hand over my heart.

"Really, Josh?" I asked sighing in relief.
"Little sis, you don't look so happy to see me." He said in mock sadness. "Trust me, I'm ecstatic." I mumbled sarcastically.

After the encounter with the crazy Holden twins...

Yes, I found out their last name is Holden.

Anyway, after the encounter, I couldn't hold in the shock and the fury that Damian had the guts to humiliate me like that. I was so mortified when those twins didn't stop teasing me about the issue with Damian. Top it up with the fact that Lucy went AWOL without a single word to me.
"So, little sis" Josh said snapping me out of my dark thoughts of what to do to Damian. "What about that friend I saw you with earlier?" Josh questioned, his overprotective brother instincts kicking in. I glared at him.
"I'm not-" I started but got cut off by Mr. Inquisitive. "We've had that argument countless times, and you're still in denial." I huffed "Well, you started it."

"Nice try, smarty but we're talking about your friend here."

"He's not my friend." I half-yelled, still pissed off about earlier.

"Fine. Your enemy then" he answered, determined to get an answer out of me.

"Well, he's not my enemy either." I responded trying to figure out what Damian was to me. For someone I just met, he was pretty good at pissing me off.

"How 'bout Fre-enemy?" He asked, looking at his fingernails with a bored expression.

"Ugh! I don't know why I'm even answering your questions, its not like its really any of your business." I replied Josh with a huff. "Ouch, sis. That hurt." He feigned a hurt expression.
"Glad to be of service." I muttered sarcastically and walked off.

I had an appointment with my doctor by 3:00 and it was already 2:45. Josh followed close by and continued to bug me about my 'Fre-enemy'.

"Josh, do you mind?!" I turned to him and glared at him. "You know I have to get to the hospital for my check-up. I'm already dreading going to that hospital and your bugging is not doing anything to help!" I ranted on and on all the while and the idiot had the guts to smile at my frustration.

I sighed, giving up. And walked off. Josh is a topic for another day, I concluded in my mind.

*****

"Other than your need for a new inhaler, I think you'll be just fine." Dr. Jordan smiled at me. He was such a kind soul. His presence was the only thing I didn't resent about this hospital. Don't get me wrong, My resentment for hospitals was nothing personal, its just- the smell of drugs and all those stuff always make me want to puke seriously.

"Just remember to stay away from smoke, dust and other things that trigger the asthmatic attack." I nodded in reply and said "Thank you doctor."
"Anytime."
I stood up and left his office to the pharmacy in the hospital.

"Fancy seeing you here."

I stopped on my tracks and sighed. Seriously, of all places, I just had to bump into him in the hospital. I'm wondering what he's doing here.

I turned around and beheld Damian in all his splendour. I tried not to make it obvious that I was checking him out. I mean, there's nothing bad in exercising my eyes, right?

"You don't have to make it so obvious that you're checking me out, you know" I darted my eyes to his face at the sound of that. I scoffed. The nerve of him to feel like he's some kind of hottie. "You're so arrogant and full of yourself, you know that?" I fired back. "Well, its not like you denied it anyway. So i'm right. You were checking me out." He said, that stupid smirk of his in place. "Most definitely not." I huffed and brushed past him in search for what I came for. He followed me. "By the way, what are you doing here?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. He and Josh were just the same, I'm sure they'll make good journalists. "None of your business" I answered and began to walk faster.
"Aww, come on. No need to be so uptight."