Chapter Seven

I wake up to see Damian lying beside me, his arms around me. I rub my hand over my eyes to clear it.  "Morning, beautiful." He greeted with a smile on his face. A real smile, and not one of his stupid smirks. I narrowed my eye in suspicion.

Something's not very right here. Why on planet earth will I be sharing a bed with my i-dont-know-who-he-is-to-me?  And here am I thinking: What the heck? Why don't I just go along with the flowJeez! I seriously need to get my head checked.

As he leaned into me, I smiled and moved closer to him. Closer... Just a little bit-

"Dreaming about me again, aren't ya?" I opened my eyes with so much speed that I'm surprised my eyeballs are still intact. Talk about embarrassing!  If only he knew how close to the truth he was.

I raised my head up, wiped my mouth with my hands and thanked my lucky stars I didn't drool. I glared at him and said. "There's something called privacy, you know." He snorted. "That's if you count classrooms as private dwellings. Just because it has the word 'room' attached to it doesn't make it for sleeping."

That's when I took a good look at where I was. Great! Just leave it to me to fall asleep in the classroom. I yawned and stretched my body until I was convinced it could no longer stretch further, all the while feeling someone's gaze on me.

You know that creepy feeling you get when someone's staring at you but you don't know who. I turned my back and saw a guy staring at me.

I also noticed that he bent his head to look at his book immediately i turned towards him. I frowned. That was weird. I mean, I know I'm pretty, but I'm sure its not to the extent of having creepy secret admirers.

Well, not that I'm saying he is.

It seems Damian also noticed the guy 'cause he growled out his next words. "Who's the guy?" I turned towards him and shrugged. "Can't say I know him." I stood up, grabbed my backpack and started walking out the door. Damian followed close behind. "He's been looking at you since I entered that classroom and found you napping." I pouted. "I was not napping." He rolled his eyes and replied.  "That's hardly the point but you sure were."  I kept moving towards the parking lot. "Well, I don't know him. And even if I did, what's it to you?"
"The guy's just creepy, that's all" he said non-challantly and walked off. I snickered. "Yeah, right."

********

"Dad's wedding is in a few weeks." Lucy said in an excited tone. "Really? They've already set up a date?" I asked. She nodded. "Yup. April 23rd." I beamed at her. "That's great, Lu. I'm so happy for you both."

"You mean we three?" I scrunched up my nose in confusion. "Three?....I don't...Oh! You mean Damian." I waved my fingers in an attempt to brush it off but Lucy insisted. "Yeah, I mean Damian." I sighed. Lucy's so pushy. I don't blame her though. I mean, I'd match make her with my brother if he wasn't such a jerk. Oops! I meant big jerk. "Umm...lets go shopping? I don't know about you, but I could use some new jeans." I said quickly trying to change the topic which only God knows why I'm avoiding it. Lucy gave me a look that said 'I'll leave you for now, but don't think this is over yet." I breathed out in relief.

When we got to the mall, the place was crowded, like they were having some kind of celebration.

"Is it just me, or is this place just a little more crowded than usual?" Lucy asked with raised brows. "You mean a lot more crowded? 'Cause from what I'm seeing, it seems like we crashed a freaking party." I replied. "Oh, then it isn't just me." Lucy said. "Well, what are you waiting for? Lets go!" She dragged me by the arm and I let out a small shriek.