Chapter Six

Lucy was sitting across from me and glaring daggers at me. I pouted at her like a child and tried to placate her. "Hey, you know I didn't mean to, Lu."  She snorted. "You say that every time you put excess salt in the food. Please come up with a better excuse. I don't know what you were thinking putting that quantity of salt inside any kind of food!"

At this point, she was shouting and pointing her fingers at me. All the while I sat there quiet like some lamb.

It all started when I invited Lucy over for a sleepover, she then decided to stay for the weekend. She loves eggs just like me.Its one thing we have in common.  Anyway, we decided to eat fried eggs for breakfast with bread and warm milk. Since Mom and Dad left early to attend an office function. They don't work together, but m
Mom accompanied Dad. Josh is still sleeping and by the way its 10:00am. Talk about hypocrisy. As the good friend I am, i offered to fry the eggs. I'm a good cook (or so I think) but anytime I touch salt, it seems like my hands switch to overdrive.
"I'm sorry, Lu." I said for like the fiftieth time this morning. She sighed. "What a waste of perfectly good eggs." She whined. "I hope you have extra, 'cause come rain or even snow, I'm gonna eat eggs this morning, so get moving!" She said, standing up. "You're gonna make a great Mom, Lucy." She stared at me wide-eyed. "Mom? Are you not getting ahead of yourself here. I'm hardly a high school graduate and you're here talking about motherhood."  I giggled. "You don't have to sound so pissed, you know. Besides, we're graduating next year. Gotta think of the future." I winked at her and she waved me off and walked off to the kitchen.

I followed her into the kitchen, laughing at the expression on her face when I mentioned motherhood.

"When we have kids-"

"Dani!"

"Okay, okay fine. What a killjoy."  I muttered the last part under my breath, but since Lucy giggled, I figured she heard me.  "Well, someone's gotta stop you before you start arranging marriages for kids that are not even conceived yet, talk more of being born." She walked over to the cabinets to take out eggs from the crate. "Pssh! You just spoit my fun, you know that?" I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed.  "Well, what am I here for?" She responded whisking the eggs.

Just then I heard a large yawn behind me and I turned. No points for guessing. Its Josh. "Hey, easy on the yawning, before you swallow me alive." I walked away from where I was standing. "Hmm...my lovely little sister! You're so adorable when you frown." He walked over to me and squished my face between his palms. "Hey!" I swat away his hands and exclaim. I scoffed "Now I know why you love annoying me."  He walked over to Lucy and stood behind her without making a single sound.

I would have alerted my friend, trust me. I was just so curious about her reaction, not because Josh signalled for me to keep quiet. Well, he actually said I should 'shut up'.
Lucy did notice his arrival in the kitchen, but since he was busy teasing me, she didn't pay attention to him and didn't hear him approach. When she turned to go to the rack to keep the apron, she saw him standing like a statue and gasped so loudly out of surprise. Hmm...why does that feel so deja vu-ish? "OMG Josh, you scared the living daylights out of me!"  He laughed at her, bending and holding his knees, pointed at her and said in between laughs. "You should have seen your face!" She groaned and glared at him but that only made the laughter intensify.

At this point she looked like she wanted to pull all her hair out. "What is it with you twins this morning, annoying the crap out of me?!" I wanted to giggle but the glare coming my way made me slap my hand over my mouth and it hurt, because of the force I used in doing it.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I said and walked to the living room, towards the door. I opened the door without checking the peep-hole, thinking it was probably Mom and Dad returning from the function they attended but boy, was I wrong! "D-d-damian?" I stuttered. "Who's at the door, Dani?" Lucy yelled from the kitchen. I ignored her and faced the entity in front of me instead. "What are you doing here? In fact, I'm supposed to be asking how you know I live here." I crossed my arm and fixed him with a stare. "Well, good day to you too." He replied sarcastically. "And aren't you supposed to invite me inside first? I'm your guest after all." He added.

Just when I was about to burst his bubble about the 'being my guest' thing, Josh and Lucy emerged from the kitchen with their hands full of food.  "Oh, you're here already." Lucy stated as she dropped the plate on the dining table. I looked at her in disbelief. "You mean, you invited him here?"

"Well, what's the matter? I thought you two were getting along quite well." I rolled my eyes as I recalled that awkward moment at Bob's.  "Of course, we are. Can't you see how cozy we are?" Damian said and pulled me to his side placing an arm around my shoulders. Josh's eyes widened at Damian's action and he made his first statement since Damian came in. "What the actual heck are you doing?" Brother mode activated.I tried to pry his arm off my shoulder but he held me in place. "Hi, you must be Josh. I'm Damian, Lucy's brother." Josh's confused state only became worse and he turned to Lucy. "You have a brother? Since when?" His eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Since last month. My Dad's getting married. To his mom."
"Oh" Josh said and laughed sheepishly and rubbed his hands at the back of his neck and said the most ridiculous thing I've heard him say, considering the present situation. "Well, what can I say? Welcome to the family." I mentally face palmed, since I couldn't make use of my hand because of the pressure of Damian's arm. Lucy raised her brow at him and Damian just had this funny expression on his face.

I gave him a look as if to say "Really, Josh? Out of all the things to say?" I thought older people were supposed to be wiser. For someone who's older than me, he sure said a lot of nonsense. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have said that. The awkward moment stretched on until Lucy finally broke the silence.

"Anybody hungry?"

**********
A/N
*sighs and scratches the back of her neck*
I hope you guys enjoyed rt his chapter. And no, its not a filler chapter. I know I've not been updating frequently. I'm sorry 'cause I've been a little busy lately. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Don't forget to comment, vote and follow.

xoxo
Janey