Prologue

Some will tell you that there is only one realm of reality, only one set of possibilities, only one real world. Those narrow-minded people tell us to stay on the ground, to keep our heads out of the clouds, and to never let our hopes fly too far away.

But there are also those who know the truth. There's more than one reality, more than one realm of existence. There are countless beings, countless villains, and countless heroes. Yes, the stories are infinite... but we're here to experience the stories of only a few heroes: the Heroes of Dreamland.

In another realm and time, there is a planet called Popstar. This planet is shaped like a large, puffy star that is a buttery yellow in color. Around it pulse two magical halos that seem to serve as some sort of protection for the fair world, although no one knows of their true purpose— as of yet, that is.

On this planet is a country called Dreamland, a beautiful place full of clean water, fresh air, and lush plant and animal life. No one ever has nightmares there, for a mystical place known as the Fountain of Dreams blocks and keeps them away from all, in addition to also serving as the home of the mighty Star Rod.

Nearly all of the vast and whimsical creatures that live on the planet are intelligent, although there are a few questionable exceptions, namely a certain penguin- Oh, but I'm getting too far ahead of myself. My apologies, Reader.

Let's see... where were we? Ah, yes. This land can be visited by a few lucky humans on occasion, while they sleep at night and are taken far beyond their own dull world by the magic of dreams.

And now, you can visit too and follow the journeys of several unique beings, Star Warriors and heroes all. For centuries they have been loved by that world, and now their tales may be told in our own realm as well. Some of the heroes you may already know, some are new to this realm, but either way, they are brave and true. Before them lie adventure, hope, fear, triumph, tragedy, love, loss, victory, and defeat. So please, dear Reader, settle down and enjoy the story of the Heroes of Dreamland as it first begins to unfold before us. Here at the beginning, it will be told to you from the eyes of a young girl who is just starting out on the long, hard-but-wonderful journey that will be her life...