Chapter 56

Jason's POV

"Oh man, it's been a while since I have last saw you. Come here, give me a hug." He doesn't even wait for her to answer, he just pulls her into a tight hug. His hands being lower that what I like for any man to be touching on my woman. "Uh yeah, it's been a quite the time." Mal awkwardly pulls away from him, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

I stare at my wife and that asshole with nothing but fierceness burning through my eyes. I don't know who the fuck he think he is hugging, but he's going to catch a punch to his pretty boy looking face. I slowly stand up from the red love seat, slightly wobbling my way towards the red VIP rope. Damn, it was only four beers.

"Well come on, let's find somewhere to talk more quiet." I raise my voice just enough for them to hear me. "That's not necessary, babe. Let's just go home, okay?" Mal nervously refuses, attempting to pull me away. I only shake out of her hand, staring between the two.

"No. Mal you should totally stay. This reunion of ours cannot end like this. It's been such a very long time, Sunflower." Sun who? Oh hell no. The guy speaks to my Mal in a soft voice, but its laced with something else. Lust, deviousness, mischief, fraudulent, and just negative vibes coming off of him. "Please do not call me that. I cannot stay any longer, my husband is not feeling well. But it was good seeing you." She gives off a pained smile, as she grabs my hand in attempt to walk away again.

But shitface grabs her hand, stopping her dead in her tracks. He even feels the need to not let her hand go. She widens her eyes at his actions, looking down at their hands, and then looking down at our twined hands. Growing impatient about her not letting his hand go, I shake her hand making her immediately drop his hand from hers.

"Who is he, Malarie?" I question through clenched teeth, playing no type of games at the moment. I hope she heard me over this loud club music. "I um– he's um, he's my childhood friend." Her words are jumbled up and rushed, giving me the impression she's not telling me the truth.

The asshole just nods slowly, giving me that stupid smirking face of his. I do not trust him at all. Red alerts and signals are going off in this head of mine. He's doing way too much smirking and nodding for my liking.

"Are you lying to me, Malarie?" I yell over the music while squinting my eyes, trying to read her body language. "N-no, he is my childhood friend." Her words come out even more stuttered filled and rushed. Oh yeah, she is definitely lying to me.

"Hmm, I see. But I just don't know baby, it seems like you are lying to me. You of all people should know how I feel about liars." I snap, causing her to jump in fright. "Jason I–" she stops mid sentence, as she is moved out of the way by her "childhood friend".

"Whoa whoa, dude. Relax, everything is okay, bro." He holds his hands up, looking from me to Mal. "Don't you tell me to relax, you imbecilic jerk. And I'm not your bro or dude, so get it right." I raise my voice in an uproarious manner, wanting to get my point across to him.

"Jason, babe, calm down." Mal tries to grasp my arm, but I pull away from her. "Hell no I won't calm down, Malarie! Now who in the fuck is that asshole?" I again raise my voice, harshly pointing my finger towards the man with the blonde hair and blue eyes.

"He's my childho–" she tries to speak but I cut her off, already knowing what's she's going to say. "He's your "childhood friend". I know, you said that already. But what I really want to know is why you are giving off dishonest vibes. You are lying to your husband, Malarie. I can tell; you are so not a good liar." I accuse in a firm vex tone, making her begin to shift on her feet.

"Whoa whoa, wait," the asshole holds up his hands, looking all puzzled and stupid at the same time. "So this guy right here is your husband, Sunflower?" I nearly lung at him for calling her that, yet Mal holds me back before I can.