7. A Drumset and a Mask

Tyler's POV

Before I knew it, I had finished my 500 free throws and I ran over to my gym bag wiping my face with a towel and took my bag to the locker room. I grinned when I saw Josh's text and it just encouraged me to go even faster. I changed into my clothes from earlier and ran out the door to be stopped by my father.

"Tyler, where are you going in such a hurry?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Oh, I'm going over to Josh's.. We're uh.. Working on a project. In our first hour." Yeah that's it..

"Really.. You mean the hour you got kicked out of huh? I'm thinking that maybe Josh isn't such a great influence on you."

"Dad.. C'mon it was one time.. You don't even know Josh." I replied defensively.

"You should hang out with the kids on the team more.. They are your teammates, Tyler."

"Yeah and they're all kind of douchebags.." I muttered under my breath.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing." I sighed frustratedly. "I'll be home by dinner." I said before jogging out not even turning back  around when he called my name again.

I got into my car and turned on the heat, letting the car warm up. I could still see my breath in the car. I shivered as I pulled out my phone to text Josh as a distraction.

Tyler: Hey, thanks. I'll be on my way shortly.

Tyler: Dude!

Josh: What?!

Tyler: You live like on the next street over from mine.

Josh: Oh, yeah I do. I forgot to mention that the other day.

Tyler: Wow.

Josh: What...?

Tyler: Oh nothing.

Josh: Tyler.

Tyler: Josh?

Josh: .....

Josh: I hate you.

Tyler: That hurts. *eye roll*

Josh: Oh I'm sure it did.

Tyler: Anyway, I'm omw now.

Josh: Alright see ya in 10.

By that point the heat was finally coming out as well and I was beginning to warm up. I put the car in drive and off to Josh's I went.

For some reason when I got there I got nervous. My palms were slightly sweating and my stomach was doing flips. Why? Oh yeah, because it's my first time ever going to Josh's! It's not like I should be making it weird.. He's just a good friend of mine and we're hanging out. That's what friends do. I got out of the car with a deep breath and headed to the door, knocking.

Josh immediately opened up with a small grin on his face which made me smile just barely.

"Hey, come on in!" He greeted me and I did as he said and walked in.

"Nice home." I replied, I mean that's what you tell people right? The first time you visit you always compliment their house? He rolled his eyes and just scoffed.

"Alright.. But you haven't seen anything yet! Come on." he gestured his head towards the door and we walked through the living room and too a door that led to the basement.

We descended down the steps and as we went around the corner of the stairs it was a small living room. A couch, a couple bean bags, a table with an xbox and tv on it and that's when it caught my attention. Josh's drumset.