6. Rad Drumming and Detention.

Tyler's POV

I fell asleep shortly after I got home from church and shockingly slept through the whole night until I had to get up for school. I tossed on my usual black skinnies, I swear my dresser has an infinite number of these things.. I threw on some cool looking blue shirt and my hoodie. Next thing I knew I was already at school with a dreaded feeling in my stomach. I hated school. Not knowing that today was going to be something different.

I sat in my chair in the back corner and for some reason I waited for Josh to come in. Not that his fiery red hair didn't make it obvious when he walked in. I had my earphones plugged in as usual, helping to distract me before he plopped down next to me in his chair.

"Feeling better damsel?" those were his first words this morning and it was too early for this.

"Better." I deadpanned pulling an earbud from my ear. "My knight." I added with the slightest hint of a smirk. We both chuckled some and I went back to my notebook and wrote something down. Lyrics of course.

"Hey.. Tyler, you gotta extra pencil or pen I can borrow?" he leaned over to whisper to me.

"Josh.. You have one in your hand." I retorted as I looked to the pencil in his hand then back up to meet his gaze.

"Yeah, but I need two." he stressed. I didn't even bother asking as I dug in my bag and pulled out an extra pencil.

"Here." I handed it to him.

"Thanks, man." he said taking it eagerly. I just shrugged it off and went back to writing.

Class had started and I could hear a tapping through my headphones. I pulled one earbud out again to find the source of it. It was Josh next to me, he had his headphones in as well and he tapped the two pencils against the wooded desk carefree of everyone around him. He got a few looks from others around us and in return their gazes were towards me as well, and that I didn't like, but Josh's drumming was amazing even if it was only two pencils.

I guess he caught me staring because he stopped drumming and looked over at me, you could hear the music blasting through his headphones and raised a brow towards me.

"What?" he basically yelled it due to the volume of his own music yelling into his ears. "Did I do something? This song is sick!!" he screamed again to me.

I just began laughing as I hid my face in my arms on the desk to keep from being loud, but to me this just made my morning.

"Mr. Dun and Mr. Joseph." our first hour teacher spoke and I kept my head down because now I didn't wanna face her. Josh, I'm guessing didn't hear her because he didn't speak as well. "Clearly you two have something more important going on back there. More important than learning what's in my class."

Finally, I peeked up over my arms at the teacher. Her face reddening with anger. All the other students eyes were on me and Josh. I was frozen, I've never been confronted by a teacher before so I had no idea how to react. Josh, I think, finally got the hint from all the stares of the students and he looked up at the teacher staring us down.

"What?!" he called out to her and he pulled a headphone out of his ear to listen to her. Just the fact that he did that made me laugh again and the teacher was storming to us. "Oh, shit.." I heard Josh mumble under his breath. "The answer is yes." he stated. I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not.

"You two, to the principal's office. Now." she said sternly. I pursed my lips together and tossed everything in my bag before me and Josh headed for the door. "And Mr. Joseph don't think this will go unnoticed by your coach." I just sighed and went outside into the now empty barren halls.